Blackpool Marathon 2013

8 watchers
Mar 2013
11:10am, 25 Mar 2013
20 posts
  •  
Welsh Tangerine
Good luck in getting a number g. I know that there were plenty of numbers available on race day last year. I guess the moving of the race date and positive feedback after last year's race has made the event much more popular this year
Mar 2013
11:37am, 25 Mar 2013
21 posts
  •  
Welsh Tangerine
I see there is a chap on the RW forum saying he has got a number going
Mar 2013
5:29pm, 26 Mar 2013
132 posts
  •  
km10
A friend of mine has pulled out. Will have chat with him later for you.
Mar 2013
7:53pm, 26 Mar 2013
136 posts
  •  
km10
Hi g of the gang, i've spoke to my mate and he will let his number go, can you give me an email address and i'll get him to contact you. Cheers
Mar 2013
10:19pm, 26 Mar 2013
3 posts
  •  
g of the bang
Hi km 10 I have already sorted a number out for the marathon many thanks.
Apr 2013
9:32pm, 1 Apr 2013
First-time poster!!
  •  
joegregory
Hi Km 10 I am desperate for a place in the marathon, my mate who I have been traning with and fundrasing has left his entry till a few days only to find out it has sold out. We will defintley have your friends entry I would inform the organisers about any changes and of course I would pay in full for the number, my email address is joegregory2000@hotmail.com.

Hope the traning has gone well and good luck on the day hopefully it wont be too windy on the prom!

Regards

Joe
Apr 2013
9:38pm, 1 Apr 2013
146 posts
  •  
km10
Hi, his email is smithy11@ntlworld.com
I will message him to let him know your going to email him, i think he still has it.

When you email him, just tell him that Kev gave you his email, just incse he reads it before i speak to him.
Good luck :)
Apr 2013
9:42pm, 1 Apr 2013
147 posts
  •  
km10
Hi Joe, any idea what sort of time you and mate are after?
Apr 2013
10:35pm, 1 Apr 2013
2 posts
  •  
joegregory
Thanks Km10 I found his email on runners world to! And sent him an email before I saw your reply. My mate is hoping to do 2hrs 35ish (6 min miling) so is in for a shout of winning it. I am hoping to get close to 3h30 (8 min miling). We are both making our debut. I have done a few halfs and did a 10 miler under 70 mins in december which was good prep and loads of long runs on a sunday morning plus some traning during the week. Had a few niggles recently though just hoping my legs hold up on the day. Being a flat course hoping they do as alot of my training run which i got up to 25 mile had big hills! How has your training gone? What time are you after?
Apr 2013
10:36pm, 1 Apr 2013
3 posts
  •  
joegregory
Thanks Km10 I found his email on runners world to! And sent him an email before I saw your reply. My mate is hoping to do 2hrs 35ish (6 min miling) so is in for a shout of winning it as long as he doesnt go off too fast! I am hoping to get close to 3h30 (8 min miling). We are both making our debut. I have done a few halfs and did a 10 miler under 70 mins in december which was good prep and loads of long runs on a sunday morning plus some traning during the week. Had a few niggles recently though just hoping my legs hold up on the day. Being a flat course hoping they do as alot of my training run which i got up to 25 mile had big hills! How has your training gone? What time are you after?

About This Thread

Maintained by Pinkliverbird
Just wondering if anyone has done the Blackpool Marathon before, or is doing it next year? Apparentl...