Blackpool Marathon 2013

8 watchers
Apr 2013
10:59pm, 1 Apr 2013
148 posts
  •  
km10
Training been nearly a complete disaster. Got injured in feb, out for nearly 3 weeks, was hoping for around 4h45m. Then my little girl been in hospital with virus, and i caught it, so out for another week. So just be glad to finish at mo, 1st marathon, so at least will be a pb, lol
Apr 2013
11:11pm, 1 Apr 2013
4 posts
  •  
joegregory
Thanks for your help, my mate now has his place. Sorry to hear about your daugther and getting injured. Stay positive and one piece of advice my dad gave me who was a marathon veteran, was the adrenalin will defintely be pumping on your first marathon with that in mind not to go off too fast even if you feel good at half way you will lose twice as much time later on that you think you've gained in the early miles, also he told me try and drink at the stations even if you dont feel thirsty as it really stops you from getting badly dehydrated the last 10k. Have you tried using the gels or taking sweets with you on long runs? I haven't but am tempted on the day as when i did my 25 miler i really felt it the last 3 miles and was losing about 2 minutes a mile!
Apr 2013
11:20pm, 1 Apr 2013
149 posts
  •  
km10
No probs :)

Yeah, on my 20's i took jelly babies, and glucose drink with me, just bout kept me going, went out too fast on 20 mile race, felt great for first 11, then slowed down drastically, learnt from that and used training runs to pace myself, and been strong enough to pick pace up for last 2 / 3 miles just lately. So know where i am comfortable at now, i think. lol
Apr 2013
11:25pm, 1 Apr 2013
5 posts
  •  
joegregory
despite the set backs its sounds like your pretty prepared, good luck on the day!
Apr 2013
11:26pm, 1 Apr 2013
150 posts
  •  
km10
Thanks, you too :)
Apr 2013
9:32am, 2 Apr 2013
840 posts
  •  
jog-on
Not long now guys!! Hows everyone feeling?
Apr 2013
7:58pm, 2 Apr 2013
23 posts
  •  
Welsh Tangerine
Yep, not long to go - really looking forward to it - forecast looks as if it is going to be favourable - as long as it is not too windy!?
I think as a result of the positive feedback from last years race and the change of race date the entry limit has been reached (there were entries on the day last year) already and there is, I understand, some much quicker runners this year - quite a few sub 2h40m runners and a couple of sub 2h30m runners
Apr 2013
8:22pm, 2 Apr 2013
154 posts
  •  
km10
Getting nervous now, but looking forward to it too. Ready as i ever will be, hope you all ready for it :)
Apr 2013
10:55am, 3 Apr 2013
842 posts
  •  
jog-on
im a mix of anxious and excited! Glad to see the weather picking up but just keeping fingers crossed its not to windy! :)
Apr 2013
11:20am, 3 Apr 2013
156 posts
  •  
km10
Well on the positive side. If its head wind one way, at least we'll have back wind the other way ;)

About This Thread

Maintained by Pinkliverbird
Just wondering if anyone has done the Blackpool Marathon before, or is doing it next year? Apparentl...