1500 miles in 2017

39 watchers
Nov 2017
8:40pm, 24 Nov 2017
8,058 posts
  •  
Watford Wobble
Nottingham Ron? Or Edinburgh? All have maras and shizzle.

We ran this evening. It was cold and I wore shorts.
Nov 2017
9:25pm, 24 Nov 2017
1,873 posts
  •  
jabberknit
Nottingham mara possibly not happening next year, WW - it's 'under review'. I think people have been complaining about the rather dull and unexciting second half around Colwick Park and Holme Pierrepont, where there isn't much support. The half is going ahead as usual.

Hello! 7 and a bit miles done this afternoon. Sunny but chilly. Legs and PF'd foot still sulking a bit after last weekend's not very enjoyable marathon (but then, so is most of me).

Happy weekend, people, whatever you're doing.
Nov 2017
9:44pm, 24 Nov 2017
8,059 posts
  •  
Watford Wobble
I thought Nottingham was OK Jabber, rather enjoyed it. Ran the 'arf and mara. I must be easily satisfied.
Nov 2017
9:58pm, 24 Nov 2017
18,837 posts
  •  
Doc Moye
It’s the secret to success, being easily satisfied.
Nov 2017
10:00pm, 24 Nov 2017
26,167 posts
  •  
Mrs Jigs (Luverlylegs)
For Garfield, and any other females over 40 that are interested.

Nov 2017
10:18pm, 24 Nov 2017
1,874 posts
  •  
jabberknit
I like being a guinea pig, but wouldn't qualify for this because I haven't been exercising for 10+ years.
Nov 2017
6:42am, 25 Nov 2017
2,896 posts
  •  
Neilio
Morning
We’re up early to get the train to Edinburgh to watch Scotland v Australia in the rugby.
It should be a good day :)
Nov 2017
8:02am, 25 Nov 2017
5,717 posts
  •  
Jono.
sounds like a good day out Neilio.

Very interesting study Mrs Jiggs - are we expecting it to say that running / exercising is good for you?

I liked that bit of the marathon course Jaber - the section after the university grounds was a bit soul destroying - but thats marathon running for you, not every mile can be fun filled.

I think the main problem for the organisers is that the residents see the roads closed for a long period of time and then see a fat, bearded bloke called jono come jogging past and think *really!!!!!!!!!!*

had a decent 10 mile run this morning, very blustery and a bit nippy - might be able to shave a minute or two of this mornings 1hr 37min at Stockport next week.

I too wore shorts
Nov 2017
8:05am, 25 Nov 2017
31,922 posts
  •  
Nellers
I was going to go and run my local muddy parkrun this morning but as I can't find my trail shoes I'm not going to. Might go and do an hour on my tod instead.
Nov 2017
8:39am, 25 Nov 2017
8,344 posts
  •  
Garfield
Thanks Mrs Jigs! I'd definitely be interested.

About This Thread

Achieving 1500 miles in the year is by no means necessary, joining in the banter is what it's all about.

Join the new group the link is below. Set your target mileage here http://www.fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1500 to 1500 miles to appear on the monthly hit list

Let us know your target races and goals and we will all cheer you on.

The monthly report will be bought to you by the volunteers below.
January - Jigs
February - Mrs Jigs
March - IanS
April - Neilio
May - The Terminator
June - Doc Moye
July - Jono
August - jabberknit
September - jennyh
October - Garfield
November - Gobi
December - westmoors