Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Woof! Bark! And also Whiiiiiiiiiine.

82 watchers
7 Oct
6:46pm, 7 Oct 2021
34368 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
We've had son1's two Labradoodles overnight. Hattie, the older one (she's three) is fine, she's stayed with us for a week before, loves Flossie, no trouble at all.

The puppy, Freya, (10 months old) was a completely different proposition. We already knew that she is very timid around strangers but thought she knew us well enough. In fact she spent the first part of the visit yesterday hiding under the garden table - eventually I was able to gently pick her up to bring her indoors - but she wouldn't have anything to do with OH at all. I think if I had her on my own, for a number of days and without OH around, I might be able to win her trust but wouldn't bank on it.

They've also had a 'bad report' about her from daycare - she goes from ultra-timid to over-boisterous with other dogs very suddenly :-(

They are having a visit from a behaviourist at the weekend - I hope they get some useful advice because her behaviour is not something we've ever encountered with any of our dogs.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Sharkie
Support thread for owners of puppies.
Well, why not?

Now including All Matters dogdogdogDOG dogdogdog