Walkers of the UK, some recomendations on routes if you please

12 watchers
Feb 2016
12:00pm, 22 Feb 2016
4,973 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
McG, of course :-) I will send on these additional ideas as well. I knew you guys would come up with great stuff!
Feb 2016
1:10pm, 23 Feb 2016
4,975 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
Update :-)

"We will probably go to the Peak district, for our first walk of the UK, there's an 'Inn to Inn' route of 6 days which looks lovely. (Tea with Mr. Darcy at Pemberley )
Should we already book the accommodation on the way, or is it too early - what do you think?"

Going to tell them to book the beds, as then they won't have to worry about it nearer the time/on the day.

As an aside, I will use this thread to plan a walking holiday for next year!
Feb 2016
1:20pm, 23 Feb 2016
721 posts
  •  
makkem
Best to book your accommodation as soon as possible. Peak District is very popular. yha.org.uk is a useful site. I can recomend Edale & Eyam YHAs.

You can choose to self-cater or they will provide meals and lunch-packs for you.

Two alternative Long Distance Paths to consider would be Offa's Dyke on the England/Wales border or St Cuthbert's Way from Melrose to Lindesfarne.
Feb 2016
1:31pm, 23 Feb 2016
4,976 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
I will pass the link on, thankyou.
Feb 2016
5:18pm, 23 Feb 2016
20,277 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
Edale and Edale YHA are good. Castleton and Hartington or if Eyam is full Bretton. Peak is wonderful and a great choice
Feb 2016
8:28am, 24 Feb 2016
4,977 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
Good stuff. My parents have gone there numerous times on walking holidays and have always spoken highly of the area.
Feb 2016
8:54am, 24 Feb 2016
6,182 posts
  •  
♪♫ Synge ♪♫
Agree with McGoohan on top of page 2. I wouldn't send them to upland or moorland areas, as they want villages and therefore perhaps a little more sense of civilisation. The Cotswold Way would be ideal.
Nov 2020
8:29pm, 18 Nov 2020
21,371 posts
  •  
Dvorak
How did the trip go? Maybe they have done half a dozen by now.
Jul 2021
11:21am, 7 Jul 2021
474 posts
  •  
Snail
Next week we are staying just NE of Llandovery. Looking for a few routes (about 8-15 miles long) near there or in the Western Brecon Beacons generally. Any recommendations appreciated. Thanks
Jul 2021
8:59pm, 25 Jul 2021
454 posts
  •  
-Ruthie-
Arran Coastal Way. The island of Arran off the West Coast of Scotland is known as 'Scotland in Minature'. The walk covers different terrain including beach, hill and forrest trail. Lots of lovely walks on the island, as well as the Coastal Way walk. Goat Fell is also on Arran - not quite a Munro, but spectaular nonetheless.
coastalway.co.uk Bonus of a ferry trip to get there - amazing breakfast on the ferry!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by HermanBloom
Hello :-)

I work for a company based over in Israel. A colleague over there is intending to come ...