The Munros - Complete Rounds, Ramsay Rounds, Day Trips

45 watchers
Sep 2022
9:36am, 19 Sep 2022
23,594 posts
  •  
Dave A
Great first Munro Dave A! I was going to "compleat" my round there for a significant birthday, but then this pandemic thingy hit. Really must get something sorted for 2023 since I've been stuck on 283 for far too long.

283? Isn’t that more than needed?
Sep 2022
9:39am, 19 Sep 2022
487 posts
  •  
OverTheHillToo
I thought the number was 282 ;-)
Sep 2022
9:42am, 19 Sep 2022
488 posts
  •  
OverTheHillToo
I'm only on six, but can climb to have had views from all six. And both times been on the summit of Ben Nevis had amazing views.

Ben Nevis
Cairn Gorm
Ben MacDui (partial inversion - was above the clouds)
Meall Corranaich
Ben Lawers
Beinn Ghlas
Sep 2022
9:58am, 19 Sep 2022
2,456 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Great first Munro Dave A! I was going to "compleat" my round there for a significant birthday, but then this pandemic thingy hit. Really must get something sorted for 2023 since I've been stuck on 283 for far too long. 283? Isn’t that more than needed?

Maybe counting ones done before they were demoted?
Sep 2022
1:18pm, 19 Sep 2022
11,769 posts
  •  
_andy
Haha! Yes, I started back in the last century, using the 1997 SMC Munro list. So two of mine have been "officially" demoted, but I quite like the way that gives me an impossible tally at the moment.

In a deep and meaningful way, looking out from any summit (assuming there's a view) shows me more than just an amazing view of layer upon layer of ridges and summits: I see a lifetime of memories and shared experiences from the past 25+ years. It's a special thing, really.
Sep 2022
1:28pm, 19 Sep 2022
491 posts
  •  
OverTheHillToo
Haha! Yes, I started back in the last century, using the 1997 SMC Munro list. So two of mine have been "officially" demoted, but I quite like the way that gives me an impossible tally at the moment. In a deep and meaningful way, looking out from any summit (assuming there's a view) shows me more than just an amazing view of layer upon layer of ridges and summits: I see a lifetime of memories and shared experiences from the past 25+ years. It's a special thing, really.

Beautiful words, Andy. Agree.
Sep 2022
5:13pm, 19 Sep 2022
23,595 posts
  •  
Dave A
Quaraing was excellent. A nice stroll, good views, then avoided the crowds for a bit by taking in the summit set back from the cliffs where no one else appeared to venture looking at the path to it.
Sep 2022
8:40pm, 19 Sep 2022
14,203 posts
  •  
mrs shanksi
Love the Quairing!

Thank you 57.5DoP and _andy, I really enjoyed our walk and we did get some nice views:

This was over the back of Càrn na Caim. Well worth the extra wee walk after the summit to see Loch Cuaich.

_andy we didn't go to the extra top, sorry, I'm not that bothered to collect all the tops. I've been to some on my travels but didn't bother today.

Those were Munros #50 & #51 for me. Only got Meall Chuaich to climb out of the Drumochter hills.
Sep 2022
11:40pm, 19 Sep 2022
9,823 posts
  •  
57.5 Degrees of Pain
Glad you had a good day!

The 'tourist route' up Meall Chuaich is a bit dull, but the view is excellent both towards Drumochter and the Cairngorms. I spiced the day up a bit to get some extra Conquercise zones, would not recommend the steep descent to the head of the loch!
Sep 2022
9:58am, 26 Sep 2022
14,218 posts
  •  
mrs shanksi
Thanks 57.5DoP, we climbed Meall Chuaich yesterday and had some views but what made it all fun was running with wkp and Gina to make it go quicker. The run down the way we came up was great fun.

We are just back from a long weekend on Skye where we climbed the In Pin with a guide called Josh (who was brilliant, and has done In Pin over 200 times). I recommend him highly. His website: gritstonemountaineering.com

I have climbing experience but it was 10 years ago and I have become more nervous about heights with age so I knew I wanted to do the In Pin sooner rather than later. Even getting to the top of Sgurr Dearg involved scrambling and I am glad Josh was leading us as it looked tough to find the route. I was first doing the climbing bit because I don't think my nerves would have taken watching the other pair go up and abseiling down! I found most of the climb OK, but had a small wobble at one point after halfway when I realised how narrow it was and the cloud cleared a bit and I looked down. Don't look down! It was amazing to reach the top though and I enjoyed the abseil. Will add a photo here but I took it of wkp, she videoed me, and I'm not posting that as I don't think my abseil was very good. 😀

That was Friday. We couldn't get a guide for the rest of the weekend so we climbed the Brother's Ridge at Kintail on Saturday and I wasn't scared at all even though there is quite a bit of exposure. Compared to the In Pin it's easy peasy 😉.

The forecast for Sunday was awful on Skye and the West on general so that's why we did the final Drumochter munro on the way home. Three days in a row and my quads are mashed.

About This Thread

Maintained by K5 Gus
Somewhere to talk about and follow any Complete round attempts, Ramsay Rounds, to discuss and ask advice on day trips that you're planning, and anything else Munros related.

Jamie Aaron's tracker - completed in new record of 31d 10h 27m
geotracks.co.uk

About Jamie's challenge
jamiesmunrochallenge.run

Link to Donnie Campbell's tracker for his record breaking munro round - 31d 23h 2m
live.opentracking.co.uk

Ramsay Round ramsaysround.co.uk