Scotland based runs & runners

85 watchers
29 Feb
1:30pm, 29 Feb 2024
8,406 posts
  •  
Corrah
Any money they saved by getting them from abroad is going to be negated by having to post them out.
29 Feb
1:35pm, 29 Feb 2024
5,126 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Was there options? I rarely take a t shirt any longer. I like a medal, thankfully a lot seem to be wooden these days.
29 Feb
1:41pm, 29 Feb 2024
9,126 posts
  •  
Son of a Pronator Man
True, if there’s an option to opt out of getting a medal and shirt then I opt out. I shudder to think of the shirts and medals I have binned over the years.
29 Feb
2:03pm, 29 Feb 2024
2,975 posts
  •  
RunningRonnie
I liked the "Trees not tees" option that I saw recently.

However, a t-shirt is a great memory of a race I've done, especially now that I don't do many. At least you can use a T, unlike a medal of which I have hundreds in a carrier bag somewhere.
29 Feb
4:07pm, 29 Feb 2024
34,801 posts
  •  
Old Croc
We (Brodie 10k) got last year's medals from a firm in Aberfeldy. Locally made wood ones. If you go to a medal shop - even locally - they often course the blanks from overseas and have lead times - I am guessing from the quantities involve at Inverness this would be the case.

A bit inside info. The course has been slightly changed but only 295 metres down a road and back to compensate for a section of roadworks.
29 Feb
4:52pm, 29 Feb 2024
35,117 posts
  •  
LorraineS
probably my favourite medal is an old piece of barrel from the Dramathon
29 Feb
6:17pm, 29 Feb 2024
2,779 posts
  •  
HappyTimes
Met a woman on train last week, having visited Montrose with Dvorak. She was telling me of how she has lost 7 1/2 stone and going to run her first half marathon ( Inverness) . For people such as her I do feel rather sorry the finish and receiving medal/t-shirt or such won't be there.
After running a few races agree medals and (poor) t-shirts are pretty wasteful.
Most I am sure would want good memory of first though.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by 57.5 Days of Pain
A place to discuss all things running related in Scotland.