The Living for Less Thread

1 lurker | 125 watchers
Aug 2023
2:58pm, 9 Aug 2023
1,144 posts
  •  
Shades
Welshpoppy Well you are shopping for your OH.🙂

I take it the staff at Iceland don't ask for proof then.
Aug 2023
3:38pm, 9 Aug 2023
38,732 posts
  •  
Mrs Jigs (Luverlylegs)
We have a local Iceland, I have never shopped there.
Aug 2023
3:52pm, 9 Aug 2023
1,145 posts
  •  
Shades
I don't go to Iceland as there's no parking, it's on the pedestrian precinct. I do walk past sometimes.

I should go, they used to do really nice frozen rainbow trout.
Aug 2023
6:00pm, 9 Aug 2023
3,047 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
Shades No proof at all. I just go in post run looking haggard ;)

I don't buy much chicken for the cat,fish for OH and basics we have run out of.Ours is also in pedestrian precinct.I just take my rucksack.
Aug 2023
6:07pm, 9 Aug 2023
1,146 posts
  •  
Shades
Welshpoppy I'm sure they think you look so young for '60' 🙂

I just looked online and they still sell that rainbow trout so must pick some up next week on my way back from the gym.
Aug 2023
9:08am, 10 Aug 2023
3,048 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
Shades You are very kind to say so. I know one cashier said I looked very fit for a 60 year old;-)
I will mentioned Trout to OH.My problem is Tuesday is busy day with PT session, running,back home then an hour till hydro therapy.So I have to slip in quickly.The cinema also do a silver presentation on a Tuesday £4 and coffee,tea and biscuits...never made it as yet :)
Dec 2023
5:25pm, 5 Dec 2023
4,351 posts
  •  
CC2 Speedy Goth
Oh wow, my thread still exists! It's nearly 14 years old now.
Dec 2023
5:30pm, 5 Dec 2023
34,575 posts
  •  
Foxy
have recently discovered Aldi - great price on cheese :)

My youngest & I love cheese either on toast for him or a toasted cheese sandwich with soup, but wow soup has gotten expensive so have switched to Bramwell's from Heinz without noticing a difference in flavour.
Dec 2023
6:00pm, 5 Dec 2023
4,353 posts
  •  
CC2 Speedy Goth
Everything is expensive! And my income is currently precisely 0.00 per month right now so I definitely need this thread again!

Currently using USB lights and previously charged laptop as there's a Power Move Plus event from 5.30 to 6.30pm with my energy provider. If you use x amount less energy you get a discount. I don't get the maths of it tbh, but two weeks ago I got a discount of £1.56. I'm with Ovo.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by CC2 Speedy Goth
A thread for people who either need to live on next to nothing in order to get by, or for those who choose to do so in order to save up for that special something. Useful links will appear here in the header as and when I get around to it!

Discounted foods - buy in bulk to offset delivery charges
www.approvedfood.co.uk/?afid=ddf874

Free money when you buy things you were going to buy anyway, just for a few mouse clicks
topcashback.co.uk

Free Graze box

www.graze.com and use code C2DMYQB