The Living for Less Thread

125 watchers
Apr 2015
4:08pm, 5 Apr 2015
67,740 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Happy is more important :)

No personalised number plates here. Beautiful where you are!
Apr 2015
5:06pm, 5 Apr 2015
3,923 posts
  •  
CC2 Speedy Goth
Happy is definitely the way forward!
Apr 2015
5:17pm, 5 Apr 2015
18,493 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
Yup - H-A-P-P-Y.

Is that a codpiece in those shorts?
Dec 2015
8:48pm, 28 Dec 2015
3,958 posts
  •  
CC2 Speedy Goth
I think its time to resurrect this old thread, mainly because I have things I want to save up for and therefore some frugality and belt tightening will be necessary!

As a starter, I popped into Aldi today and their Christmas stuff is all reduced. Half price dark choc brazil nuts coated in dark chocolate, and half price dark chocolate reindeer will give me some cheap yet 'indulgent' snacking for a while. Also electrolyte tablets like Nuun were reduced to £1.49 a tube.
Dec 2015
9:44pm, 28 Dec 2015
33,203 posts
  •  
Raptors Claws are coming to town
One of my economies this year will be resisting the temptation to buy a stash of reduced price Christmas confectionery ;)
Dec 2015
10:26pm, 28 Dec 2015
68,430 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Hehehe, one of my new years resolutions is to NOt buy things in Aldi I don't really need, hence saving myself a small fortune. Heck, it was actually cheaper shopping in Waitrose the other day, as things were more expensive, I was much more careful in what I bought :)

I did splash out on a pair of Rapha cycling shorts... would have been rude not to, at 40% off and I will need them, as I have been accepted into rather an adventurous race... riding accross Europe. I will need extra good shorts, as I won't actually be changing them much!!!

For the cyclists among you: I have also discovered Wilkinsons do a good puncture repair kit for only £1 :)
Dec 2015
10:27pm, 28 Dec 2015
68,431 posts
  •  
Hanneke
And in other news: due to the mild winter I am still eating veg growing in my veg garden, so no need to buy any :)
Dec 2015
8:40am, 29 Dec 2015
14,212 posts
  •  
Ultra Sparkly Bridget (USB)
I'm with you on the chocolate buying VR. A present plus a free gift has meant we have M&S truffles coming out of our ears before we even start on the rest!

I did however pick up half price duvet and pillows at Tesco. Not absolutely essential this month but my parents are unlikely to be able to stay away long once we move and that means buying extra furniture.
Dec 2015
8:59am, 29 Dec 2015
20,351 posts
  •  
halfpint
Having just bought a house which has various bits needing done I may have to be a bit more frugal day to day.
Dec 2015
9:22am, 29 Dec 2015
4,506 posts
  •  
icemaiden
I didn't get given any choc for Xmas so dipped into Aldi and bought some choc brazils and a box of the fererro rocher looky likeys and two boxes of cut price mince pies.

About This Thread

Maintained by CC2 Speedy Goth
A thread for people who either need to live on next to nothing in order to get by, or for those who choose to do so in order to save up for that special something. Useful links will appear here in the header as and when I get around to it!

Discounted foods - buy in bulk to offset delivery charges
www.approvedfood.co.uk/?afid=ddf874

Free money when you buy things you were going to buy anyway, just for a few mouse clicks
topcashback.co.uk

Free Graze box

www.graze.com and use code C2DMYQB