Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Fetch Declutterers

1 lurker | 74 watchers
Dec 2020
6:25am, 19 Dec 2020
8071 posts
Sigh-lent Night
I follow this thread and now hang my head in shame as I've done loads of decluttering this year and not shared about much of any of it! I'd say the whole house is now about 90% clutter-free; at the start of the year there was clutter in every room (including bathrooms)!

I've now got to the stage where if I see "new clutter" arrive it's processed and either put somewhere appropriate or binned! Yesterday was a good example; a DPD delivery from work, a box for each of us containing four more face masks (8 in total), one buff/snood each; all that got washed and will be kept. A pack of wipes and a drawstring bag went into the boot of the car; the nose clip (neither of us wear glasses) and yet more hand gel went in the bin as we've still got the last lot to get through (we had a box of stuff back in June). Boxes in the cardboard recycling.

A year ago the whole lot would have been dumped in the corner of the spare room and not touched for at least six months.
Dec 2020
7:06am, 19 Dec 2020
24302 posts
Lizzie Whizzmas
Next time the food bank might take hand gels.
Dec 2020
7:49am, 19 Dec 2020
8073 posts
Sigh-lent Night
Good idea Lizzie.
Dec 2020
11:19am, 22 Dec 2020
165 posts
Chramies
Three large shopping bags of books, DVDs and CDs to the hostel this morning. Surprising what is in the back of TV cabinets that you don't realise about. Most of the DVDs and CDs were brought in by my lodger / housemate who probably won't mind I've decluttered them for him as he now lives in Thailand (I'd also like to declutter his two large suitcases and a big plastic box full of Stuff but that lot is actually his so I can't).
Dec 2020
10:17pm, 22 Dec 2020
38375 posts
Purps in a pear tree
Our wheelie bin is full this week as grid and I have cobbed some things out. More still to come!

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Night-owl
Help advice and support for declutterers

Special May Challenge

theminimalists.com

".... This month, each of you must get rid of one thing on the first day. On the second, two things. Three items on the third. So forth, and so on. Anything can go! Clothes, furniture, electronics, tools, decorations, etc. Donate, sell, or trash. Whatever you do, each material possession must be out of your house—and out of your life—by midnight each day."

Spreadsheet (thank you mad4purple)
docs.google.com
Some helpful links
unfuckyourhabitat.com

Close