Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

The around 4 hr marathon thread

11 watchers
Apr 2018
3:31pm, 13 Apr 2018
2862 posts
jennyh
Glad it’s not just me :-) I’m annoying myself!
Apr 2018
2:04pm, 17 Apr 2018
349 posts
Ouchling
That's the exact same situation as I was in for Paris, Jenny. It's gutting, but there's always next time. I've just signed up for Abingdon marathon in the autumn for another crack at it.

I'll be there cheering you all on - probably at around mile 24 and with a water pistol if I can find it.
Apr 2018
4:12pm, 17 Apr 2018
2876 posts
jennyh
Yeah, I do realise that Ouchling, and I know a lot of people will be in the same situation (I really feel for you with the weather you had in Paris) - was just feeling a bit sorry for myself, I think (!) I’m over that now - it’s not like I can do anything about the weather!

I do have two other marathons this year, but as one is 8 days after London, and one is Snowdonia, I don’t think I’ll be going for a time in either of those!

Good luck for Abingdon!
Apr 2018
4:20pm, 17 Apr 2018
12207 posts
Autumnleaves
I am consoling myself with the thought that at least weather affects everyone - rather than me having a nightmare of a run because of something that's just me!!

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Autumnleaves
I couldn't find an active existing one of these - so I thought I'd start one in case there...