Sprint Triathlon

23 watchers
Jul 2011
1:29pm, 1 Jul 2011
59 posts
  •  
miss lippy
Go on, just do it Sprouty, you know you wanna! When i done my 1st it was August and I couldn't wait to do more, I managed to enter another two before the season was over. My reckoning is you'll be chomping at the bit to do another after your debut! :-)
Jul 2011
1:35pm, 1 Jul 2011
660 posts
  •  
sprouty76
DD - The Tatton Park triathlon - Sprint & Super sprint on the Saturday, Oly on the Sunday.

MissL - I was going to enter it a few months back, then dive in (heh) and get a wetsuit sorted and start doing OW training. However, they decided to put a works event on the same weekend so I held off. Now I've found out it sounds a bit pants and I'm not bothered about going, but I'd be a bit pressed for time now. So I'm doing a pool-based one the week before (the Northwest Tri, in Nantwich)
Jul 2011
1:51pm, 1 Jul 2011
971 posts
  •  
The Scribbler
That sounds familiar sprouty. I started the year intending to do one triathlon, had entered a second one before I'd done the first and put in a last minute entry to do my 2nd two weeks after the first. So that'll be 3 this year then :-) And if it wasn't for a certain half marathon, I'm sure there would have been a coulple more. All pool based at the moment, but I'd like to aim for OW next year.
Jul 2011
2:02pm, 1 Jul 2011
902 posts
  •  
Durham Dawdler
and if it wasn't for a certain triathlete from Durham, you may still be sane and only do one this year scribbles lol :-)

sprouty, if you are confident in open water, go for it, you don't have to go flat out on your first one so will be fine a week after.

Go on, you know you want to :-)
Jul 2011
2:10pm, 1 Jul 2011
972 posts
  •  
The Scribbler
Nah - can't blame you for my insanity DD. I was already a bit crackers before I even heard of Fetch! It's nice to hang around with like minded folk though ;-)
Jul 2011
2:11pm, 1 Jul 2011
904 posts
  •  
Durham Dawdler
I've just worked out that I have already done 3 sprints this year and have another 4, maybe 5 tris to go including my first oly :-o
Jul 2011
2:14pm, 1 Jul 2011
662 posts
  •  
sprouty76
I don't have a problem being in open water, but I have almost no experience swimming further than a few feet in it. I've also got no experience at all with wetsuits (I've literally worn one once, and that was for surfing), and don't have one yet - I was going to hire one for the season, but that seems like a false economy now we're in July.
Jul 2011
2:34pm, 1 Jul 2011
905 posts
  •  
Durham Dawdler
wetsuits can cost as little as £100 from Wiggle, but if you'll only wear one once this season, you may be best off waiting until the ex-hire ones come on sale, they are usually only about £50 then.
Jul 2011
2:39pm, 1 Jul 2011
664 posts
  •  
sprouty76
The reason I was planning to hire is that I'm in the process of losing quite a lot of weight, any that fits now probably won't fit this time next year.
Jul 2011
2:46pm, 1 Jul 2011
906 posts
  •  
Durham Dawdler
wise thinking sprouty

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
A half-way house for those of us who like the idea of fitting three sports in one costume, but who d...