#RunAndTalk

4 watchers
Jan 2019
4:13pm, 16 Jan 2019
13,195 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
I just wondered whether any other Fetchies were linked to groups taking part in the #RunAndTalk Campaign? Resolution Runners registered in the most recent recruitment - I found I had quite a few runners who were Mental Health Champions at work and were very willing to take part. We are arranging an additional run during the campaign week in February.
Jan 2019
4:36pm, 16 Jan 2019
30,110 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Ooh, what is RunAndTalk then? *goes to Google it*. What I will say, is people can be incredibly open and disclose all sorts of things when running, esp in winter in the dark when you can't see people's faces!

And if running as just two, even someone you don't know well, you get all sorts of info. I've heard about affairs, break ups, estranged partners, kids, illnesses of all sorts, lots of stomach and digestive information, trouble with the law, various misdemeanours, sexual proclivities all sorts!

Running is a great time to get it all out, if indeed that's what it is all about?! :-) GG
Jan 2019
4:37pm, 16 Jan 2019
24,909 posts
  •  
HellsBells
one of our local clubs, Fen Edge Runners, are involved. If I were to ever join a real life club, I think it would be them - they're lovely
Jan 2019
4:43pm, 16 Jan 2019
13,196 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
Exactly :) G - we are quite new to the formal campaign, but an awful lot of us admit that running is essential for our own mental health, so we are all trying to be more open with each other about that aspect. It will be interesting to see if we get anyone new to us on the day, or whether it will just be the usual group members.
Jan 2019
12:51pm, 17 Jan 2019
30,126 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Good luck with it AL. Sounds like a great initiative. :-) G
Sep 2020
8:59am, 19 Sep 2020
98 posts
  •  
ascoey
World Mental Health Day is coming up in October. I've just taken on the role Mental Health Champion for my club (there are three Champions which will help) and was wondering whether any other Fetchies are aware of what their clubs have done/are planning to do.

Mind have a theme of "Do One Thing" which seems like a positive method of engaging people with small changes to improve their mental health and would possible support a virtual campaign or one where we can encourage small group activities.
Sep 2020
12:44pm, 19 Sep 2020
40,792 posts
  •  
LindsD
One of my local clubs has a session.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Autumnleaves
I just wondered whether any other Fetchies were linked to groups taking part in the #RunAndTalk Camp...