Rhayader Round the Lakes 20

19 watchers
Mar 2011
10:21pm, 19 Mar 2011
4,695 posts
  •  
The_Saint
I don't believe in sun tan lotion, make the most of that weather I say, everyone finsihed with a salty face amusingly. Remind me again why the £47 Great North Run along a dual carriageway through impossible crowds is better than this £12 race?
Mar 2011
10:23pm, 19 Mar 2011
15,911 posts
  •  
eL Bee!
Saint - it isn't. Shhhhhhhh! ;)
Mar 2011
11:22pm, 19 Mar 2011
163 posts
  •  
Andrea B
absolutely loved it.............have some amusing tan lines where my compression socks didn't meet my shorts.......mmmmmmm brown knees!!!
Sioux where you running in a fetch top??
Mar 2011
10:04am, 20 Mar 2011
6,914 posts
  •  
sioux
Yup. Black fetch top with Ndellar who had a red top on and Zoom was in pink top on her bike.

Did you have White socks black shorts on? Should have given me a 'yo Fetchie' shout out!!!
Mar 2011
11:13am, 20 Mar 2011
164 posts
  •  
Andrea B
Yep that was me, I was laughing my head off when I was behind you and I couldn't belive how much you two could talk while you were running!!!! If there's a photo from the guy who was taking them on that first iron bridge bit i'll be behind you!!! And as for shouting out to you, I couldn't think let alone shout!!!
Mar 2011
1:24pm, 20 Mar 2011
44 posts
  •  
sonja
Well done to everyone running this yesterday - what a great race! Are there any pictures online? Spotted several people with cameras - cruelly always at the top of the hills...
Mar 2011
3:04pm, 20 Mar 2011
6,915 posts
  •  
sioux
I'm not sure where they'll be but there should be some at some point.

The guy on the bridge was laughing at us too. I spotted him at the bottom of the hill and said 'damn it'll look like I'm not trying, chatting and waving my hands about'

He said 'yup!'

Oh well!!!

I think at that point we were making comments about a certain type of person that inhabits some threads 'willy wavers' I think was the term we were using.

I'm just waitin to hear how my 'chatting partner' went at Reading 1/2 today.
Mar 2011
3:06pm, 20 Mar 2011
6,916 posts
  •  
sioux
Saint, did you have your top off?
Mar 2011
7:12pm, 20 Mar 2011
1,514 posts
  •  
ndellar
Hello :) , 2 races of complete contrast this weekend, the lovely Rhayader, it has to rank amongst the all time favourite races of mine. Climbs weren't as bad as I expected that's not to say it isn't tough. Views spectacular. Great company, friendly supporters and lovely folks at the water stations. We held a consistent pace I think

Today, Reading 1/2 (I am training for an Ultra so wanted to do back to back long runs) completly packed and a large proportion of twits with no racing etiquette. Managed 2.03 which was ok I started conservative and picked up the pace a bit to run steady. Very pleased about how my legs felt.

We had a little overtaking battle with a guy who made the comment "how can you run and talk!!!" (he ate our dust at about 17 miles) but it was a training run for us so the more chat the better I say!

Will be back at Rhayader next year :)
Mar 2011
7:16pm, 20 Mar 2011
4,696 posts
  •  
The_Saint
The top stayed on Sioux, its a DQ offence during a road race although not a fell race :)

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Just looked at the elevation profile on Fetch and the course seems like a big hill until mile 5 then...