PB Attempt?

13 watchers
Mar 2015
7:50pm, 3 Mar 2015
6,074 posts
  •  
leaguefreak
What about if it's neither shits and giggles (or in my case farts and giggles, that's just the way my guts reacts when I run hard) nor an all time PB but more of a best since (pregnancy, comeback from surgery or years off etc)?
Mar 2015
7:54pm, 3 Mar 2015
1,696 posts
  •  
sLickster
What would be *really* useful for a lot of people, rather than for your analysis, is if there could be a Y/N option, just like you've done for PB attempt, but for if you are actually going to do the race. I find that adding lots of races to my portfolio is the single best way to remember when all the races are and their details, but I may actually only end up running 1 out 5 I've listed in my portfolio. I think a lot of people do this...
Mar 2015
8:30pm, 3 Mar 2015
930 posts
  •  
Lady Sol
As leaguefreak says - do you want just going for an actual PB, or do you want races you're training for a SB as well if you know for some reason you won't get back down to your PB?
Mar 2015
8:32pm, 3 Mar 2015
931 posts
  •  
Lady Sol
SLickster if you edit your race notes for each race it does ask you above your predicted time if you have actually entered I think.
Mar 2015
8:35pm, 3 Mar 2015
1,022 posts
  •  
CumbriAndy
sLickster - we already have that option. When you add a race to your portfolio you can go to 'your Comments' where there's a 'Definitely doing this?' - Yes/No option to choose. When listed in your portfolio, the 'No's appear in a lighter font than the 'Yes's.

Done my review as best I can remember - look forward to seeing the output.
Mar 2015
8:39pm, 3 Mar 2015
92 posts
  •  
Rog T
I've just added mine as well as I can remember too. Not been a huge amount of attempts lately due to a couple of injury issues but fingers crossed things are getting stronger and I'll be aiming for a few over the next 6-12 months.
Mar 2015
9:16pm, 3 Mar 2015
1,066 posts
  •  
EarlyRiser
Not liking this. For a lot of us a PB attempt is not realistic - advancing years and all that. Bit demoralising to have a big red No against all my current races. How about at least an SB (season's best) option?
Mar 2015
9:17pm, 3 Mar 2015
3,753 posts
  •  
Kieren
Done!
Mar 2015
9:40pm, 3 Mar 2015
1,067 posts
  •  
EarlyRiser
Done retrospectively as best can remember.
Mar 2015
9:44pm, 3 Mar 2015
228 posts
  •  
davelord
As EarlyRiser says , not often in pb shape except for this autumns marathon :-) as they were some time ago but I am definitely eyeballs out 'going for it' in some (not all) races.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
I'll be sending an fmail to everyone shortly, asking for a few moments of your time to update some ...