PB Attempt?

13 watchers
Mar 2015
2:53pm, 4 Mar 2015
1,105 posts
  •  
JantasticDistracted (JD)
I have ticked away, but up until fairly recently - beginning of 2014 - I was less than diligent in uploading all I did training wise, so you may get the impression that I never used to train much... now I do and I don't get PB's as often ;)
Mar 2015
2:56pm, 4 Mar 2015
15,763 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
That's fine. I will be looking for consistency in the training log (e.g. at least twice a week, for a whole chunk of, say, 10 weeks before the race).
Mar 2015
4:28pm, 4 Mar 2015
3 posts
  •  
bainspj
I sent feedback a few weeks ago about getting large numbers of workouts uploaded... I have years of data. This seems to have imported in fits-and-starts and now has some workouts but certainly not all. It seems to have uploaded a number of workouts from some weeks but none from others.

Hope this doesnt ruin the data collection as I like the stats and I think the article is particularly insightful.
Mar 2015
4:34pm, 4 Mar 2015
15,769 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
bainspj - interesting, as I've not gotten around to responding to your feedback yet. Have you been uploading files?
Mar 2015
4:40pm, 4 Mar 2015
1,588 posts
  •  
Minnie Mad
I like the idea of the button but could it go on the end of the row instead of right at the front? It is quite bit and gets in the way of the most important piece of information which is what time I actually ran the race in. I try to fill in the other stuff as and when, but it isn't all relevant. Also I have been not running too well this year so there won't be any PBs at the moment. Its a useful statistic but perhaps not the most important one?
Mar 2015
5:15pm, 4 Mar 2015
6,782 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
I forgot I got an email...sorry...
I really have to voice I'm the same as DQ and I'm entering k
less and less races in the future.
I will pop in and see what its about
Mar 2015
5:22pm, 4 Mar 2015
15,770 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
That really is no problem. There's plenty of data. When it looks like we've collected plenty, I'll probably move that column out of the race portfolio list entirely. It's just a bit in-your-face for now to help make it easy for people to backfill their histories.
Mar 2015
9:10pm, 4 Mar 2015
4 posts
  •  
bainspj
No- as far as I was aware, I hadn't done anything. Although I had been tinkering over the past week with garmin connect (and sporttracks) so that might have pushed some old ones through.
Mar 2015
12:21am, 6 Mar 2015
63 posts
  •  
speedy rob
Done, with first attempts at each distance left as "N".

I agree with previous posts that an option to mark as a target race that you have trained to do your best at, but have no real hope of a PB, seems equally valid. Perhaps a WAVA PB for the distance?
Mar 2015
9:46am, 10 Mar 2015
15,782 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
I totally take the point, but to reiterate:

"I've been a bit selfish with this new column really. I might look at expanding its remit in future, but for now, its purpose is to help me get a much clearer view of large amounts of training data. The question is deliberately simple, because I want to be able to investigate the sort of training that people do when they are aiming to beat a (fairly recent) existing time. Before I added this column, it was difficult to know what people had in mind when racing - but this makes it a lot clearer. I hope it will reveal some interesting stats that will benefit everyone."

We have over 9000 PB attempts now, thanks to all your efforts - and I've started the process of analysing the data :-)

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
I'll be sending an fmail to everyone shortly, asking for a few moments of your time to update some ...