•  
swittle
Great result, Neal :)
Oct 2019
11:30am, 1 Oct 2019
13,503 posts
  •  
mulbs
Slowly and without any grace or style and mostly hating it, until I found my pace. A friend asked me to run a new race that was starting - the Liverpool Women's 10k. Couldn't even run half a mile without thinking I was going to die at first, but one day realised it didn't get any worse after the first 5 mins, and then actually started enjoying it. Still run slowly and with no grace or style!
Dec 2019
11:22pm, 23 Dec 2019
2 posts
  •  
Tux4me
I have absolutely no idea why.
Sat down one day and out of the blue said to my wife
"If I start now do you think I could run a marathon before I'm 60? (I'd just turned 58) - people 3 streets away probably heard her laughing! I'd done no excercise since leaving school.
Found C25K, discovered Parkrun, pulled a calf muscle, rested, building up again now.
I've surprised myself at how much I enjoy running.
Dec 2019
11:50pm, 23 Dec 2019
18,665 posts
  •  
ChrisHB
1) No, you can't do woodwork instead of rugby, you must do cross-country running.

2) At the age of 18, free from the constraints of school, I decided I was going to run always and thus be healthier than most of my contemporaries. Little did I know then that I was simply a small part of a change in fashion.

3) When running became really popular and you could get books about it from the library, or magazines, I discovered that it was possible to train and become better.

4) With Fetch came a friendly competitive element - the training league / how many miles you could get from a pair of trainers / assorted games - and I fell for it.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Hard to believe there wasn't a thread for this already (unless I've forgotten). Here'...