Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

parkrun thread

3 lurkers | 442 watchers
16 Jan
8:35am, 16 Jan 2022
8353 posts
  •  
  •  
57.5 Days of Pain
Oh where’s that? I was going by the statement issued by parkrun UK?There was an update from sportscotland released 23/12/21, pertaining to the three weeks from 26/12/21:

"• Outdoor Sporting Events
No restriction on participating numbers but guidance relating to spectating is still

applicable and should be followed i.e., total 500 standing or sitting and following

relevant Events guidance. We would also ask partners to ensure all appropriate

safety protocols are applied"

Link at: sportscotland.org.uk
16 Jan
8:39am, 16 Jan 2022
8354 posts
  •  
  •  
57.5 Days of Pain
I think parkrun UK highlighted it in a low key way after the turnout at Edinburgh on Xmas day. But 500 anywhere else is unlikely even with higher January numbers.
16 Jan
8:42am, 16 Jan 2022
21788 posts
  •  
  •  
Bazoaxe
The risk even if there were 1500 is low anyway.

The start is when people are close and the briefing is minimised. Once running people are well spaced out quickly.
16 Jan
8:54am, 16 Jan 2022
152 posts
  •  
  •  
Craigellachie
Ah that’s good then. Our event hadn’t launched at that point so I was depending on publicly available information. Thanks for the clarification.
16 Jan
8:57am, 16 Jan 2022
153 posts
  •  
  •  
Craigellachie
*as supplied by parkrun I mean. Clearly the sportscotland thing was in the public domain too but I didn’t see it. Maybe they were asked to keep it low key in case for example a 5000 person rave argued they were all participants not spectators. But won’t matter next week anyway.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Hendo
A discussion of all things parkrun.

Here's a wiki giving brief reviews of parkruns up and down the land:

fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=545

parkruns with restart permission: google.com

Note: Hendo is a boy.