parkrun thread

1 lurker | 455 watchers
19 Nov
10:55am, 19 Nov 2022
433 posts
  •  
MissingPhoenix
*waves* at 57.5, also at springburn, 1st 5k Park run with my son. Very enjoyable , maybe a few years yet, but he will be a much better runner than me.
19 Nov
2:13pm, 19 Nov 2022
14,431 posts
  •  
mrs shanksi
No Dvorak, the downhill was fine and the sun came out. It was a lovely morning.
19 Nov
5:37pm, 19 Nov 2022
79 posts
  •  
Ingo
First visit to Hilly Fields… less scary than what its reputation would suggest
19 Nov
5:45pm, 19 Nov 2022
10,307 posts
  •  
57.5 Degrees of Pain
*waves* at 57.5, also at springburn, 1st 5k Park run with my son. Very enjoyable , maybe a few years yet, but he will be a much better runner than me.It was a lovely morning for it MP, hope your son enjoyed himself. One of my favourite courses.
20 Nov
10:10pm, 20 Nov 2022
10,677 posts
  •  
sallykate
Hi Ingo - hope you enjoyed it! I'm an RD at Hilly Fields (though stepping down at the end of this year) & would of course recommend it to anyone. Bit of a challenge but you feel great at the end.
23 Nov
1:31pm, 23 Nov 2022
3,069 posts
  •  
Lesley C
That's Crathes Castle off until the New Year at the earliest. The estate asked us to pause until the damage from the storm last week and forestry works are complete.

I feel bad for the workers up there, half the estate got flooded last week with all that rain and they are still clearing up after Arwen too.
23 Nov
4:43pm, 23 Nov 2022
14,460 posts
  •  
mrs shanksi
Sorry to hear that Lesley. Come and see us at Stoney (as long as we don't get flooded again). Blimmin rain.
24 Nov
1:41pm, 24 Nov 2022
82 posts
  •  
Ingo
Hi Ingo - hope you enjoyed it! I'm an RD at Hilly Fields (though stepping down at the end of this year) & would of course recommend it to anyone. Bit of a challenge but you feel great at the end.

Loved it!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Hendo
A discussion of all things parkrun.

Here's a wiki giving brief reviews of parkruns up and down the land:

fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=545

parkruns with restart permission: google.com

Note: Hendo is a boy.