Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

parkrun thread

8 lurkers | 418 watchers
26 Sep
8:53am, 26 Sep 2020
7633 posts
Too Much Water
All grass roots rugby has been paused till January, it’s not impossible football will follow suit
26 Sep
10:22am, 26 Sep 2020
3594 posts
Mr. K.
Yes buggy certainly helps - like an ambulance through traffic. I`ve often tucked behind one at parkrun.
26 Sep
11:48am, 26 Sep 2020
648 posts
Spideog
Have had people using me and the buggy as a wind break in parkruns before making a sprint for the line, which seems doubly unfair. :)
26 Sep
12:42pm, 26 Sep 2020
1187 posts
Groundhog
I happened to run a not-parkrun with two other people today for the first time in a while and it made a big difference. Just being focused on trying to keep up and run well and not just on what bits of my legs were hurting really helped. I felt the best I have in ages and did a reasonable time. It's great to be improving. 😊
10:23am
10:23am, 27 Sep 2020
6197 posts
57.5 Degrees of Pain
Cheers for Groundhog. I have no motivation for anything but plodding.

One thing I think we can all agree on. If there is a buggy ahead that can be caught near the finish, that is extra motivation for a sprint!
10:34am
10:34am, 27 Sep 2020
651 posts
Spideog
Something I'll really miss is then outsprinting the non buggy pushers trying to beat me to the line. Better feeling than winning a bottle of cheap wine for being 3rd old bloke in a race.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Hendo
A discussion of all things parkrun.

Here's a wiki giving brief reviews of parkruns up and down the land:

fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=545

Note: Hendo is a boy.