BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

parkrun thread

3 lurkers | 439 watchers
16 Jun
12:17pm, 16 Jun 2021
949 posts
Hunkyteddy
Haldon Forest has permission to get back. That's all my local ones except Yeovil.
(Though we still don't have a new route for Exeter Riverside)
16 Jun
12:56pm, 16 Jun 2021
14779 posts
larkim
Good to see another Forestry England one get the green light; I can't quite understand why it's taking them so long to unlock all of their sites as their scope will be quite different to local authorities. That said, it is at least logically credible that they are looking bespoke at each site and making the "correct" judgement. It just annoys me personally that my home event doesn't have the all clear just yet!!
16 Jun
1:23pm, 16 Jun 2021
8803 posts
Too Much Water
That’s good re Haldon. Must go there for for a walk at some point
jda
16 Jun
1:41pm, 16 Jun 2021
10365 posts
jda
"logically credible" when Forestry England consider things on a site-by-site basis, but "bordering on idiotic that different local authorities can look at identical facts and come up with different conditions or thresholds".

Uh-huh.
16 Jun
1:46pm, 16 Jun 2021
14780 posts
larkim
Oops - - did I really say that?
16 Jun
1:52pm, 16 Jun 2021
14781 posts
larkim
I'll defend myself though...

My criticism of LAs was that the impression was being given that there were different "systems of controls" required in different locations being demanded of parkrun when the fundamentals of the event were the same. e.g. capacity limits, temperatures of vest washing, pre event sign up etc.

My tolerance with Forestry England is that they don't appear to be demanding that parkrun is set up in a different way locally, but they are looking at whether their site has undergone a change of use since the last event there which might compromise the event.

I might be dancing on the head of a pin here, but I see a small (but subtle) distinction!

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Hendo
A discussion of all things parkrun.

Here's a wiki giving brief reviews of parkruns up and down the land:

fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=545

Note: Hendo is a boy.