BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Fake parkrun thread

29 watchers
5 Sep
9:09pm, 5 Sep 2021
4036 posts
jabberknit
I've had Sunday races recently, so have been keeping Saturday runs to a pootle, avoiding anything that might tempt me into trying to run faster pre-race.
5 Sep
9:37pm, 5 Sep 2021
1062 posts
Hunkyteddy
Sorry Sigh.
I'll try to add any i do midweek, though at the moment I am doing slightly longer ones as I'm preparing for a 10k
6 Sep
6:55am, 6 Sep 2021
129121 posts
GregP
MrsP posted her fist ever fake parkrun this week, so I’m passing on thanks from a long-standing but forum-averse Fetchie for keeping it rolling.
6 Sep
7:17am, 6 Sep 2021
10116 posts
Sigh
No worries folks, I'm just maintaining the thread, you all do whatever works for you. Glad it's helping MrsP.

I haven't done a Fakey since (goes off to check....) 19th June; wish I hadn't lapsed, to be honest.
6 Sep
7:39am, 6 Sep 2021
8235 posts
Alice the Camel
This has given me the prod for needed to get back on doing fakeys :-)
6 Sep
7:40am, 6 Sep 2021
8236 posts
Alice the Camel
Thanks for keeping them ticking over, Sigh
6 Sep
1:33pm, 6 Sep 2021
23314 posts
Dvorak
Sigh! Get out there NOW!

Well, maybe not right now, you're probably working. Soon, then.

I've done four realparkruns so far: before that , I barely ran for over amonth due to injury. Might try to revisit one of my courses this week.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Sigh
For those who just want to share their plans and achievements (mundane or otherwise), rather than get drawn into debate about the whys and wherefores of the parkrun organisation generally.

Upcoming Fake parkruns

18 Sep:
fetcheveryone.com/races/fake-parkrun-5884873

25 Sep:
fetcheveryone.com/races/fake-parkrun-5939926

2 Oct:
fetcheveryone.com/races/fake-parkrun-5995105

Fake parkrun all-time leaderboard: fetcheveryone.com/race-leaderboard.php?id=4782044

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.