•  
1step2far
Lovely :-)
Nov 2020
1:49pm, 8 Nov 2020
12,757 posts
  •  
FRU (KeepTheFaith)
Wow this mornings adventure was amazing - started off in the fog and went to brilliant autumnal sunshine so nice we are off to the seaside for a second walk soon

8.5 degrees swim walk swim walk swim today - a great tactic to allow us to swim with the current.. genius idea from my swim buddy!

Also something lovely this morning - someone is decorating pebbles and either putting them in the shallow part of the river or by the river - this morning I found a gorgeously cute yellow duckie... I would have left it but as I had just collected a load of rubbish I thought it was a sign of thank you for my good deed

Great idea though - think I will make some and return the favour!

Rubbish picking on pre swim run
- 4 bags of dog poo (honestly!!)
- A starbucks cup
- Plastic bottle of water
- Piece of foil

So sad - because there are cows, swans and ducks in my swim river I feel I cant leave this sort of rubbish in case they eat it - people are so selfish!

Anyhow - amazing morning - I am totally loving swimming in the colder temperatures.. rash vest - gloves and socks doing the trick for me :-)

Have great swims today all
x
Nov 2020
2:12pm, 8 Nov 2020
42,333 posts
  •  
LindsD
Fabulous! And thank you for picking the litter
Nov 2020
7:53pm, 9 Nov 2020
12,758 posts
  •  
FRU (KeepTheFaith)
It is the second time I have done that and have done things when running too as I get a weird guilt feeling if I see something and leave it. I once pushed a trolley back to tesco that had been dumped! Lol!!! Felt embarrased running along with it but couldnt leave it
Nov 2020
2:42pm, 10 Nov 2020
5,176 posts
  •  
The Scribbler
If anyone's looking for cards/prints for OW swimmers, I just bought some lovely ones from https://www.etsy.com/shop/AndreaHallDesign. Not on commission or anything, just thought they were lovely.
Nov 2020
5:18pm, 10 Nov 2020
21,659 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
I love Michelle Lucking's swim art. When I finally get my own place, I want to get one of her pics.
Nov 2020
1:34pm, 11 Nov 2020
8,358 posts
  •  
KatieB
Slightly stinky, heads up river swim with the lovely Wine Legs this lunchtime.

Some observations:
Warming up process is getting easier. My long sleeve swimsuit gets a really good wash through if I do front crawl. :-0
Nov 2020
1:54pm, 11 Nov 2020
33,119 posts
  •  
halfpint
I went swimming in a sea Loch yesterday :) it was brief but invigorating.
Nov 2020
3:09pm, 11 Nov 2020
42,407 posts
  •  
LindsD
Fab to both. Katie, why was it stinky? Duck poo?
Nov 2020
6:00pm, 11 Nov 2020
8,359 posts
  •  
KatieB
I think possibly human...our most hopeful guess was a prevailing wind from the sewerage works.

About This Thread

Maintained by Nick Cook
There didn't seem to be a thread devoted to open water swimming, so I thought I'd start one.

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.