We don't hide behind a paywall!Log and analyse training, find events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more.
Never Mind - Book Group discussion thread - Nov 2019
9:14am, 12 Jan 2020
11:35am, 12 Jan 2020
PeregrinatorI marked it down because I felt that St Aubyn somewhat short changed both Patrick and us by not suggesting how St Aubyn had processed his own experiences: clearly not by trying to make them fade to indifference. No reason why an author should be nice to their characters or help their readers I suppose, but what is he suggesting people who go through abuse and are not talented writers do? For me, that's where the bleakness is, and I am probably not judging St Aubyn against what he set out to do. But I should/will read books 4+5 some point.
1:27pm, 12 Jan 2020
SerendippilyI thought he aimed to get Patrick to the point where he was no longer worrying about putting off the man on the telly by his behaviour (really liked that)
About This Thread
- Book Group
- Elmet - Jan 2022 Book Group discussion thread
- Olive Kitteridge - July 2021 Book Group discussion thread
- A Christmas Carol - Dec 2021 Book Group discussion thread
- Homegoing - April 2021 Book Group Discussion Thread
- Book Club Archive
- A Christmas Party - Dec 2020 Book Group discussion thread
- The Line of Beauty - March 2021 Book Group Discussion thread
- On the Black Hill - Feb 2021 Book Group discussion thread
- HHhH - Nov 2020 Book Group discussion thread
Fetch Limited Edition Buffs
Order now for immediate dispatch! Our elves are standing by!
The Fetch Book Store
With your help, we're building a collection of all your favourite running, biking, swimming and walking books.
Annual Training mileage
Take a look at our annual training mileage table to find out how your training volume compares for running, cycling, swimming and walking. Filter by age and gender too.
The Breakfast Club!
Where's your favourite place to refuel your face after a run, or midway through a ride? Add your favourite cafes, cake shops and bakeries to our Points Of Interest map