1 May
11:37pm, 1 May 2024
54,059 posts
  •  
McGoohan
A J Fikry was a bear
A J Fikry had no hair
A J Fikry wasn't fuzzy was he?

So begins The Storied Life of A J Fikry possibly. This is the May 2024 book group choice as picked by Quimby.

Tease your thoughts on this tome from brain to page and pray tell your opinion in the thread provided below. And a good day to you.
6 May
1:44pm, 6 May 2024
67,799 posts
  •  
LindsD
Finished this yesterday, though I did start it earlier than the 1st. I liked it very much at first, then I just thought to myself: do I need another novel where something bad happens to a good, but grumpy person in America and then they are redeemed by something else? I did enjoy it and liked the style, but felt ultimately that it was extremely derivative. Everyone is flawed but ultimately good, all the loose ends are tied up, and despite the sadness we feel that all is well at the end. Meh.

I did quite like the book/short story summaries and would like to read some of them I haven't read. I gave it a 7. It's a me problem, I think.
17 May
9:06pm, 17 May 2024
8,839 posts
  •  
westmoors
Finished this today. I really enjoyed it, especially when A.J. had the book reading and Amelia realised the 'author' was not the author but kept it secret. I also liked the short book precis at the start of each chapter.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by McGoohan
A J Fikry was a bear
A J Fikry had no hair
A J Fikry wasn't fuzzy was he?

So begins The Storied Life of A J Fikry possibly. This is the May 2024 book group choice as picked by Quimby.

Tease your thoughts on this tome from brain to page and pray tell your opinion in the thread provided below. And a good day to you.