Never Mind - Book Group discussion thread - Nov 2019
9:14am, 12 Jan 2020
11:35am, 12 Jan 2020
PeregrinatorI marked it down because I felt that St Aubyn somewhat short changed both Patrick and us by not suggesting how St Aubyn had processed his own experiences: clearly not by trying to make them fade to indifference. No reason why an author should be nice to their characters or help their readers I suppose, but what is he suggesting people who go through abuse and are not talented writers do? For me, that's where the bleakness is, and I am probably not judging St Aubyn against what he set out to do. But I should/will read books 4+5 some point.
1:27pm, 12 Jan 2020
SerendippilyI thought he aimed to get Patrick to the point where he was no longer worrying about putting off the man on the telly by his behaviour (really liked that)
About This Thread
- Book Group
- Book Club Archive
- Elmet - Jan 2022 Book Group discussion thread
- Olive Kitteridge - July 2021 Book Group discussion thread
- A Christmas Carol - Dec 2021 Book Group discussion thread
- Homegoing - April 2021 Book Group Discussion Thread
- A Christmas Party - Dec 2020 Book Group discussion thread
- The Line of Beauty - March 2021 Book Group Discussion thread
- On the Black Hill - Feb 2021 Book Group discussion thread
- HHhH - Nov 2020 Book Group discussion thread
Heart Rate Analysis
See your heart rate training data from the last 12 months broken down in technicolour.
Fetcheveryone Cycling Jerseys
Place your order before the end of May if you'd like one of this limited edition batch of short sleeve full zip jerseys.
Flat as a pancake?
We've collected thousands of your reviews from events, and worked out which races give you the best chance of a fast time!
Beat your league rivals to gain weekly promotion. Compete at every distance from a mile to a marathon.