•  
Totriornottotri
That's fascinating GG.
Nov 2022
8:39am, 3 Nov 2022
9,921 posts
  •  
BaronessBL
I've got at least 4 started-but-never-finished novels (or perhaps short stories I don't know). I think of the four there is one, and possibly a second that will get completed but I am also a bit of a starter but not a finisher. Might have to buy GordonG's book though - I like the sound of it from the amazon link. I don't have the time to do NaNoWriMo this year but maybe one year I will.
Nov 2022
8:42am, 3 Nov 2022
37,147 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
I'm enjoying it GG - I'm slow reading it as it's my lunchtime at work read and I only get 30 mins!
Nov 2022
8:55am, 3 Nov 2022
9,420 posts
  •  
GordonG
I'm completely with you on that EP. My wife can read a whole book in a week, whereas I tend to read a few pages at a time and not go back to the book for a number of days
Nov 2022
8:57am, 3 Nov 2022
37,148 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Oh don't get me wrong I can sit and read for hours but this is my lunchtime book! I like the short chapters too as it makes stopping easier haha
Nov 2022
8:59am, 3 Nov 2022
7,066 posts
  •  
bigleggy
Tried this a couple of times. I have great stories (honest) in my head that would make great books. But something happens between my brain and the keyboard and it is just rubbish. If they ever invent Ghost Writer NanoWriMo , I'm in :-)
Nov 2022
9:15am, 3 Nov 2022
9,421 posts
  •  
GordonG
I think many of us are the same bigleggy. It all seems so straightforward in our minds!!
I'm reminded of a quote from the nun in Derry girls, after she watches girls from her school performing on stage at Assembly. "watching you really brings it home to me just how talented... professionals are" 🤣
Nov 2022
9:17am, 3 Nov 2022
37,151 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
I used to write my uni essays when running and fix coding problems but as soon as I got home and had a pen in my hand blank!
Mind you I did once sit in the bar at Ascot races (Mr Pix loves the races) coding on the back of betting slips! haha
Nov 2022
10:06am, 3 Nov 2022
7,067 posts
  •  
bigleggy
@GordonG - anyone who reads my blogs would reach the same conclusion :-)

Anyway - good luck all - I hope you all write masterpieces. I will gracefully bow out of this discussion now :-)

Enjoy !
Nov 2022
12:05am, 4 Nov 2022
25,453 posts
  •  
Angus Clydesdale
There used to be a big annual push on this, a decade ago or so? Nywanda was an auld friend who was big into it, but she left this stage a long while ago. If you trawl the threads there might be a snippet or two (if any of it survived The Great Thread Cull of ~2014).

About This Thread

Maintained by Totriornottotri
"Why do triangle sandwiches taste different to rectangles or squares? Maybe it's the filling to bread ratio. Maybe it's the depth that the triangle point can enter your mouth and so it hits different taste buds? It's funny how a sarnie can say so much about you. My mum made me rectangles, normally filled with peanut butter or chocolate spread; an aspirational lower middle class Midlander."

Is anyone else doing (starting NaNoWriMo)?

nanowrimo.org