Unexpected Plot Twists

42 watchers
JCB
Dec 2021
11:52am, 16 Dec 2021
2,914 posts
  •  
JCB
“Everybody is dead, Dave” repeats Holly, not for the first time.

“But I can create holograms of all of the crew, if it will help your sanity at all.”

“What do you mean, Hol?” questions Lister, “I thought we could only have one hologram?”

“I’ve come across new technologies in the last 3 million years. Some of them useful, some on them not. Like self cleaning underwear. In theory, it sounds great, but the last thing you want close to your taters is a squeegee and dry that’s gone berserk. Three people were hospitalised on the first day alone.”

Dave was shocked for a moment.

“That’s terrible, Hol. So, what’s new with the holographic tech?”

“Two days ago, before you came out of stasis, we ran into a holoship. It was crewed by 50 holograms. We now have a holoflex 4.0 that can generate up to 400 holograms.”

Dave digests this for a moment. His mind jumps to the possibilities. He thinks of Kristine Kochanski.

“That’s great, Hol! I can’t wait for you to create the crew. Do you have everything you need? Everything you need to bring back Kochanski?”
Dec 2021
6:45pm, 23 Dec 2021
6,540 posts
  •  
Merry Fizzmas :-)
Once upon a time there was a runner called Ian. He built an amazing website, a free website, for runners, swimmers, bikers, walkers and everyone else. Training, blogs, forum, games, #fetchfam, statistics, photos, calculators, leagues, targets, this website had everything you could possibly want or need. You could run a lot, or not at all, blog a lot, or not at all, swim a lot, or not at all, everyone was equally welcomed. And welcoming. Everything was visible to everyone, no paywalls, all for free.

And then one day Ian woke up and said “I want to be more like strava ” and suddenly it cost £15 a month just to log on and look at your own data :-0
Dec 2021
6:49pm, 23 Dec 2021
548 posts
  •  
FestiveFlyingScotsman
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

That's not an unexpected ending, That's the end of the world!!!!!
Dec 2021
6:51pm, 23 Dec 2021
6,541 posts
  •  
Merry Fizzmas :-)
Sorry, I meant to give a warning before I posted that some might find it distressing.
Dec 2021
11:37pm, 23 Dec 2021
23,890 posts
  •  
Angus Clydesdale
That's very dark Fizz. Too far. You've taken this too far.... ;) :)
Dec 2021
1:45pm, 24 Dec 2021
9,343 posts
  •  
Winter WAnderland
Hercule Poirot carefully combed his moustache and appraised his appearance in the hall mirror. He was ready. A luxurious boat trip along the Nile lay ahead. He was looking forward to it immensely.

He soon came to know his travelling companions- a beautiful, young, newly married couple; their close friend; a rich, elderly American and her downtrodden niece; a ridiculous young bounder, and the rest. They were an interesting bunch, but there was undoubtedly a sense of menace lurking beneath the banal surface. Poirot sensed trouble ahead and did his best to ratchet up the tension by talking about this at every opportunity.

To his dismay, his fears were completely unfounded. Everyone had a wonderful holiday, the food was exceptional, and no-one died. In fact, no-one really knew who this little fussy Belgian was, but all agreed he was a bit of a busybody.
Dec 2021
1:49pm, 24 Dec 2021
51,772 posts
  •  
LindsD
:)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
...suddenly gripped with courage, Scrooge lunged forward and wrenched the femur from the skeletal le...