Low Resting/ High Training Heart Rate

4 watchers
Oct 2012
6:56pm, 10 Oct 2012
18,041 posts
  •  
eL Bee!
Oh - and RHR is 38. But my Father also had a low RHR so that's probably mostly genetic.

Interestingly used to play with the funky gadgets at work - especially when training some of the junior staff, and I could 'breathe' my HR down to about 35 and my 'P' waves all but disappeared to freak them out.

Happy days!
Oct 2012
10:53pm, 10 Oct 2012
5,428 posts
  •  
The_Saint
I'm not "normalising" anything, show me the data and I'll look at it, that's what I do. For example every three weeks I have to boringly wheel out the true death rate in Marathons when someone comes up with their anecdote that all runners die of heart attacks in Marathons, if someone has all the heart rate data for every competitive runner who has ever lived and their outcomes I'll be happy to look at it.
Oct 2012
2:33pm, 11 Oct 2012
56,336 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Low RHR, like eL Bee... max hr running and cycling, similar to eL Bee... but I do find my Garmin HR monitor spikes above 200 from time to time depending on what material baselayer I am wearing... It doesn't like merino somehow, so gives erratic readings...
Oct 2012
3:53pm, 11 Oct 2012
18,042 posts
  •  
eL Bee!
The Saint - must admit your numbers are impressive. RHR of 34 and MaxHR of 245!

I'd love to see a 12-lead of it!
Oct 2012
3:58pm, 11 Oct 2012
5,658 posts
  •  
GlennR
Saint, if your max is 245 you weren't working very hard during your recent 5k race.
Oct 2012
10:20pm, 11 Oct 2012
62 posts
  •  
smoke free
Thank you all for all your advice/tips/info - quite a conversation!! I ran my 8 mile very hilly coast path route today. I kept effort level down and recorded max was 210 and average 170 but am becoming increasingly suspicious of the high figures. Anyway I'm in for ECG Monday. I'll keep you informed........
I've only had this issue since I bought the new running watch.....
Jan 2021
9:30pm, 17 Jan 2021
21,780 posts
  •  
Dvorak
How is it going, smoke free (from your blog and status, pretty well)? Had a look at your training, some pretty normal figures. Was it dodgy data all along? Though I did spot a trenchant comment on your current watch.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by smoke free
Hi fellow Fetchies :-)

Should I be worried?
Having recently changed my running watch to one wit...