Leeds Dash 2013

14 watchers
Nov 2013
10:32am, 18 Nov 2013
11,684 posts
  •  
Yorkshire Pie
The first walker I passed was at TGIs :-o but at least she was on her own rather than a huge group blocking the road like you sometimes get.
Nov 2013
1:50pm, 18 Nov 2013
10,500 posts
  •  
SODIron © 2002
Could have been worse...you could have ran into a group of runners doing 'selfies' with their mobile phone cameras...
Nov 2013
10:19pm, 19 Nov 2013
7 posts
  •  
Phys
I don't like to criticise the organisation too much as I would hate to do the job myself and appreciate the effort it must take from everyone involved... however.. the comment about the finish I would re-iterate. It might be the same as every other year (and I have run for the last 5) but were there not a few thousand more runners trying to get through the one lane, on a slight downhill around a corner?!

My personal running style is to run very steadily at the same effort therefore I slow up on hills, and speed up downhills. My experience is that more people run hard up a hill to get it over, then really slow down at the top to get their breath back! This was a particular problem on Sunday due to 2 lanes coming together to one, just when I would like to be overtaking.... I don't have a solution, except I probably won't run this one next year - its got too much mass participation, less local club run for me personally.
Nov 2013
4:48pm, 20 Nov 2013
11 posts
  •  
John, Age UK
Hi guys, just wanted to say thank you from Age UK for coming and supporting the dash. Will definetely take your comments to our next year planning meeting and appreciate you supporting the dash as we grow and develop, personally I think the waves went well this year just need tweaking at that faster end.

As a few of you mention it is a charity event and for this we're really greatful, at the moment it's looking likely to raise over a quarter of a million to help older people in Leeds and arond the UK so you can be proud of yourselves. Hope you got a great time, enjoyed the excellent weather, and keep supporting the dash for years to come. www.ageuk.org.uk/10k
Nov 2014
12:16pm, 5 Nov 2014
2,042 posts
  •  
Nelly
Anybody doing it this year? And if so, have you received your number yet?
Nov 2014
12:38pm, 5 Nov 2014
1,438 posts
  •  
MudMeanderer
I am, and as of this morning I haven't.
Nov 2014
1:05pm, 5 Nov 2014
2,043 posts
  •  
Nelly
Thanks MM, glad it's not just me who hasn't got their number. Are you aiming for sub40? I think I'm currently a minute or two off that pace.
Nov 2014
1:18pm, 5 Nov 2014
1,439 posts
  •  
MudMeanderer
I'm not sure where I am to be fair. I'm not in the form I was last year (I've struggled with infection after infection in the latter part of the year and not managed to string any decent training together), so sub 40 is probably unlikely. I managed a 41:30 a month or so ago off less training though, so sub 41 could go, but I'll probably just go out, hurt and see what happens.
Nov 2014
11:52am, 6 Nov 2014
28 posts
  •  
theraithrover
........no number yet for me either........
Nov 2014
1:00pm, 6 Nov 2014
1,441 posts
  •  
MudMeanderer
Mine arrived yesterday (after I'd left for work).

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Hey up, entries for the Leeds Abbey Dash are being offered with "free technical t-shirt for every f...