•  
theraithrover
Still no number...........
Nov 2014
3:16pm, 7 Nov 2014
563 posts
  •  
Reinhold Messner
Do you need it yet? Race is in 9 days...
Nov 2014
5:31pm, 7 Nov 2014
30 posts
  •  
theraithrover
....only that they said they'd be sent out a fortnight before.....
Nov 2014
6:47pm, 9 Nov 2014
2,044 posts
  •  
Nelly
Mine turned up yesterday. Hope yours arrives soon raith.
Nov 2014
5:57pm, 10 Nov 2014
1,445 posts
  •  
MudMeanderer
This may be of interest, especially to those of us around the 40min Mark m.facebook.com
Nov 2014
7:00pm, 11 Nov 2014
32 posts
  •  
theraithrover
Good luck MM, thanks for the link. Yep, around about my time.......will look out for you.

Nelly, I've given up hope of race pack. Rang AgeUK who said there was a problem as they only were posted 2nd class, and in order of entry date. I entered as early bird! I have been assured that if I arrive at information tent on the morning I (and many others), will be accommodated. Given I'm travelling from Bath, they'd better be correct!
Nov 2014
8:00am, 17 Nov 2014
2,071 posts
  •  
Nelly
Hi guys, hope you all enjoyed it (as much as you can a 10k!).

Did anybody else see the horse/camel? They came past me on Kirkstall Road before we did the loop next to the cinema and I followed them for about a km, but then they seemed to drop back. I wonder what time they finished in?
Nov 2014
11:28am, 17 Nov 2014
6,262 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
Think they were about 45mins or so, but that's a guess based on when I saw them as they crossed the finish line - I was trying to keep people moving up the finish funnel without getting anyone's breakfast on my feet though.

Any specific feedback I can pass onto the organising team? I noticed that the lack of a sub-40 pen was a specific problem, as sub-35 to sub-45 is a big difference. All the other pens seemed to work ok.
Nov 2014
11:44am, 17 Nov 2014
2,073 posts
  •  
Nelly
fozzy - thanks for marshalling again this year. I was at risk of seeing my breakfast again, so strategically placed myself over a drain cover for 2mins ;-)

I was aiming for sub-40, so in the middle of the sub-45 pen in terms of target but towards the back of the pen in terms of numbers at the start. I didn't particularly notice a problem at the start, as the road soon opens up wide enough to allow everybody to run at their intended pace. There were no more and no less numbers sprinting off or falling back as you'd expect elsewhere. That said, I wouldn't be against a sub-40 pen, at least it would stop the sub-55 runners trying to jump down one pen!
Nov 2014
11:59am, 17 Nov 2014
6,263 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
Think the main issue is that the sub-45 pen had a lot of runners in. Quite a few of 36/37 min runners (i.e. good club runners) were struggling to get towards the front of that pen. As a consequence, they were fence hopping to get into the elite pen, which makes the job of marshalling the start unpleasant, as I don't want to have to tell panicky runners that can't go in one pen because they've been assigned the wrong number etc.

I think there is a big glut of runners in the 40-45 range and proportionally a few less in the 35-40 range, so that's my rationale for splitting that pen - it'd just mean less unhappy runners I think!

Glad the new start works well at getting everyone off to a running start. It certainly takes less time to get people through (we'd got all 12,000 runners through in less than 15mins - when we started on the Headrow, it was taking nearly 30mins to get less than 8,000runners through). The old start also used to get heavily congested due to the right turn onto Kirkstall Rd. So, hopefully the better start offsets the slight uphill at the end of the course.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Hey up, entries for the Leeds Abbey Dash are being offered with "free technical t-shirt for every f...