Is it just me or are there more adverts on Fetch

22 watchers
Jun 2019
7:05pm, 5 Jun 2019
2,125 posts
  •  
TomahawkMike
Derby Tip, It's definitely a much nicer daily experience without the ads.
Jun 2019
7:06pm, 5 Jun 2019
2,126 posts
  •  
TomahawkMike
*Tup (spoolchucker had trouble with that..)
Jun 2019
7:08pm, 5 Jun 2019
55,082 posts
  •  
swittle
*got a horse for next year's race, TM?*
Jun 2019
9:49am, 6 Jun 2019
2,127 posts
  •  
TomahawkMike
I wish..
Jun 2019
1:12pm, 8 Jun 2019
17,635 posts
  •  
Dvorak
I opened Fetch without being logged in there. One advert for quack exercise (EMS stimulation: one 20-minute session replaces a month of gym attendance. Only £19.99 per session!) and one for trophy hunting in New Zealand :-(
Jun 2019
6:36pm, 26 Jun 2019
3,047 posts
  •  
FreshStart
I've just sent and initial payment and have set up a monthly standing order. I can't wait to turn off the adverts. The ones I've seen this afternoon are slightly dubious.
Jun 2019
6:37pm, 26 Jun 2019
3,048 posts
  •  
FreshStart
They also cover a lot of content :-(
Jun 2019
8:28am, 27 Jun 2019
22,143 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Thanks FreshStart - I check the bank account each working morning for new subscribers, so I've added you now - and flicked the switch on the ads for you. And what's more, your user profile background is now shiny and gold :-) Thank you!

For the folks using the site for free, the ads are a necessary part of the site income. For a voluntary couple of quid per month, you can turn them off. Here's the info: fetcheveryone.com/invite.php
Jun 2019
12:43pm, 27 Jun 2019
17,691 posts
  •  
KinkyS
All my ads at the moment are for job hunting websites, which is perfect, because as soon as I find a job I'll be able to donate and get rid of the ads :-) I feel really guilty every month when I get the request, but being unemployed makes it a genuinely unaffordable luxury now :-(
Jun 2019
1:00pm, 27 Jun 2019
31,916 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
That's the great thing about Fetch Kinky, it's genuinely a progressive payment model. Them's that's got a few quid spare stick it in the pot, them's that's not, no problem. Wish the whole world work that way.

About This Thread

Maintained by Son of a Pronator Man
Fetch says: "I don't choose the ads, I just supply the holes, and the people who pay my salary and supply a server choose what they want to put in them. The change was a surprise to me too, and I've asked for some clarification on the thinking.

If you get any particularly dodgy ones, e.g. Russian mail order brides, or ones that break the user experience, it would be helpful for me to see some screenshots (ian AT fetcheveryone.com), and I'll feed those back."

And: "I've just clicked the little blue triangle in the top right corner of the ad, and looked at the opt-out options. On the page it took me to (after it took a while to think about it), there was a button called something like 'Choose All Companies' - I clicked that, and thus far, it seems to have opted me out of all the ads."