•  
Derby Tup
CB Radio?? I didn't realise such a thing still existed :-O
Aug 2015
6:06pm, 15 Aug 2015
858 posts
  •  
shyfire
I just renewed Norton anti-virus 2 hours ago. Now there is an advert at the top of the screen selling it with a £15 discount aargh. Targetted b100dy advertising!
Aug 2015
9:25am, 18 Aug 2015
17,562 posts
  •  
McGoohan
I'm getting a flashing banner inviting me to see Tudors at the Palace or something. Couldn't work out if it was Hampton Court or the Tower of London. Anyway, there's fun for all the family and it's on... 23rd to 26th July... oh.
Aug 2015
9:29am, 18 Aug 2015
4,920 posts
  •  
Too Much Water
Mine are all Amex reward credit card offers with target-spend sign-up bonuses.

Let me know if you want to sign up for one and I can refer you for an additional bonus

This is an advert within an advert...
Aug 2015
2:38pm, 31 Aug 2015
6,086 posts
  •  
Duchess
Mine has been popping up a Tommy Hilfiger / Rafael Nadal advert on a regular basis. I jus admit it hasn't really registered particularly.

However. I've just caught the screen with a stray finger which must have landed on the "expand" icon. Resulting in a full screen bare chested image of Nadal, presumably in Hilfiger undergarments.

Can we keep that one please? :-P
Sep 2015
8:11am, 9 Sep 2015
920 posts
  •  
Weean
My work internet seems to have this odd thing where occasionally it decides that we're not in the UK anymore, and we start seeing adverts on the BBC website, prices in USD or Euros, etc.

I just got an advert for an insurance salesman in Washington DC.
Sep 2015
6:20am, 26 Sep 2015
18,012 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
E cigarettes :-O
Sep 2015
6:20am, 26 Sep 2015
18,013 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
Sep 2015
6:21am, 26 Sep 2015
18,014 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
Sep 2015
3:50pm, 28 Sep 2015
18,768 posts
  •  
sheri3004
A few weeks ago I bought a sports bra online, now everywhere I go on the internet ever since I see the same advert for it with a woman looking dynamic in a sports bra. I'm sick of the sight of that blasted woman.

About This Thread

Maintained by Son of a Pronator Man
Fetch says: "I don't choose the ads, I just supply the holes, and the people who pay my salary and supply a server choose what they want to put in them. The change was a surprise to me too, and I've asked for some clarification on the thinking.

If you get any particularly dodgy ones, e.g. Russian mail order brides, or ones that break the user experience, it would be helpful for me to see some screenshots (ian AT fetcheveryone.com), and I'll feed those back."

And: "I've just clicked the little blue triangle in the top right corner of the ad, and looked at the opt-out options. On the page it took me to (after it took a while to think about it), there was a button called something like 'Choose All Companies' - I clicked that, and thus far, it seems to have opted me out of all the ads."