Heart palpitations?

1 watcher
TT
May 2013
8:43am, 26 May 2013
1,308 posts
  •  
TT
Just wonder if anyone can give me advice on this. 2 weeks ago I did a half marathon, I'm guessing that my body hasn't fully recovered from this although I've pretty much rested from running since. Yesterday I pootled round Parkrun at back marker/gossiping pace which felt fine. Driving home I had to pull over in the car because I could feel that I was having palpitations. No pain, just oddness. Felt pulse and it was regular. Quickly back to normal and carried on day.

This morning just felt palpitation again. Again short duration, just oddness. Just wanted to check here because I know that there are proper knowledgeable types about! I'm just writing it off as not quite recovered from the Half, I really pushed myself. Am I right not to be worried? I have the Great Manchester 10k this morning. I'm thinking of just doing it as a training run to get the medal. Is this a dumb thing to do?
May 2013
8:47am, 26 May 2013
391 posts
  •  
Craig_
Definitely get it checked out asap in case it's something serious - you could try NHS Direct who have a flow chart type set of questions that could help with the potential seriousness (or not) of your symptoms...

NHS Direct - nhsdirect.nhs.uk
TT
May 2013
8:55am, 26 May 2013
1,310 posts
  •  
TT
Thanks Craig, I've been on the nhs.uk website and there's none of the other things so I'm not going to try to speak to anyone on a bank holiday weekend, it's more if I should run.
May 2013
8:57am, 26 May 2013
23,757 posts
  •  
swittle
I wouldn't but I'm not you. Had much the same 2 years ago and got fixed up eventually. There are many more races.....
May 2013
9:01am, 26 May 2013
392 posts
  •  
Craig_
All you have to do is phone them - they usually have doctors and nurses who can take your call and do a bit more detailed assessment over the phone. They can run through some fairly simple questions and rule out a lot of things.

I certainly wouldn't run until you're happy it's nothing serious - just in case.
TT
May 2013
9:04am, 26 May 2013
1,311 posts
  •  
TT
Thanks :-( Not really what I wanted to hear but I guess I knew it as soon as I asked.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Totoro
Just wonder if anyone can give me advice on this. 2 weeks ago I did a half marathon, I'm guessing t...