BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Garmin

172 watchers
5 Apr
10:22am, 5 Apr 2021
9275 posts
leaguefreak
Indeed.

Mr LF managed to make a total dog's dinner of changing a garmin strap by buying a cheapy non garmin replacement. He ended up with the bloody thing jammed half in and half out. At my insistence he contacted garmin (Mr LF said they would blame him for trying to fit a fake strap). He was honest in his description of what he'd done to mangle it and asked if they could fix it and how much it would be. They got straight back to him, said the original strap shouldn't have broken so quickly and sent a replacement plus tool for changing it. If that hadn't worked they would fix it for free. As it happened with the genuine tool it was ok.

Can't fault garmin customer service.
5 Apr
2:46pm, 5 Apr 2021
38266 posts
HappyG(rrr)
Oh, I agree. I've had a couple Garmins out of warranty replaced on the 50 quid refurbished scheme and a couple replaced free within warranty. The most recent one was 3 months outside warranty but they replaced it for free anyway.

I've had only Garmins since 2008. Probably call that brand loyalty (satisfaction?) :-) G
13 Apr
3:44pm, 13 Apr 2021
706 posts
CogNoscensme AHA
I was given a Polar OH1 at Christmas and it is straightforward to link it to my Fenix 5 for running and cycling. First swim with it today clipped to my goggles and it gives HR on the watch. At the end of the swim, the watch says it's looking for stored HR data, can't find any and I then save without HR. Anyone know if it is possible to get the stored HR data on the OH1 to transfer to the Fenix at the end of the swim?
13 Apr
3:48pm, 13 Apr 2021
13982 posts
larkim
I think you have to double-push the start button on the OH1 for it to record for itself. Bit odd though if you could read the HR on the watch, record the activity on the watch but HR not stored automatically with it though?
13 Apr
4:58pm, 13 Apr 2021
707 posts
CogNoscensme AHA
Thanks Larkim. I've done a little more experimenting. I switch off the wrist HR to avoid confusing myself. I wear the OH1 on my reading glasses. I switch it on with one press and then record mode with two presses. It gets the HR reliably. The Fenix 5 picks up the OH1 on run and walk and saves the HR with the activity. On swim, it links to the OH1 and I get an HR reading but the problem comes when I stop the activity and press save. It then searches for stored HR data (just like it does for my Tri HRM chest strap) but never finds the stored data on the OH1.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
For all questions and comments about Garmin devices, including importing to Fetch.