Garmin Connect IQ apps and widgets etc

16 watchers
Jan 2023
5:21pm, 10 Jan 2023
19,955 posts
  •  
larkim
I might have to try that Peters Race pacer one - it looks like it does the same as the racescreen one I mentioned above, but (despite DTD's comments!) it looks cleaner (!) than the racescreen.

I would say though that for me the point of them is not really to have a clear screen of data, the point is the "adjusted distance" features on them - i.e. it adjusts average pace and ETA based on rounding the distance back to the nearest mile as you manually press "lap" as you pass a mile / km marker. That, for me, was worth it's weight in gold in Manchester so that from about 18 miles into the marathon I knew that the average pace it was telling me, and the predicted time were spot on, and not impacted by the fact that the computed GPS laps might have been 0.2-0.3m "out" by that time in the race.
Jan 2023
6:48pm, 10 Jan 2023
4,308 posts
  •  
Dillthedog
@larkim yep, that was definitely a bonus of Peters Race pacer. My problem is my eyes are a bit dodgy, so any more than two or three data screens just becomes a blur when I’m running. I am also still scarred from the Manchester marathon mile markers, I think mile 19 when I did it in 2016 was about half a mile out.
Jan 2023
6:49pm, 10 Jan 2023
4,309 posts
  •  
Dillthedog
larkim not @larkim 🙄
Jan 2023
7:45pm, 10 Jan 2023
19,957 posts
  •  
larkim
Lol, I can see that being an issue!! Manchester 2021 mile markers were pretty good ISTR Dillthedog
Jan 2023
7:13pm, 14 Jan 2023
2,550 posts
  •  
Steve NordRunner
Just a minor extra: I have been using Garmin BPM rest check widget before taking blood pressure at home https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/07805acd-fbb2-4eec-8db1-a8afab2c5b82. It simply looks at whether your HR has been stable a while so that you get a valid BP measurement.
Jan 2023
7:14pm, 14 Jan 2023
2,551 posts
  •  
Steve NordRunner
apps.garmin.com
Jan 2023
10:17am, 18 Jan 2023
204 posts
  •  
ptr_rnr
The Peters Race Pacer looks really good. I realise I was trying to do this manully in my head in my last couple of marathons. Easier said than done at km 30+ haha!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Muttley
Does anyone have Garmin Connect IQ add-ins installed and care to make recommendations?

I have this one on my watch, to supply a training metric in a currency I can understand: apps.garmin.com

It works really well. This morning's run: