PSA - Potential GPS watch stocking filler bargain?

0 watcher
Dec 2018
1:46pm, 13 Dec 2018
6,260 posts
  •  
lark-the-herald-angels-sing-im
Only £39.99 at John Lewis (so, reputable supplier if disenchanted) etc

johnlewis.com

Not the standard name, and if you're worried about the Chinese government stalking you whilst you're out running, but as a HRM and GPS watch tracker, you can't go wrong for £40, can you?

(I've only just ordered one, so don't know how good it truly is, but thought some on here might be interested).
Dec 2018
2:22pm, 13 Dec 2018
29,788 posts
  •  
Merry Christmas and Happy NewG(rrr)
That is good. I thought maybe it was like Fitbit or Garmin at £40 and just steps, not GPS, but seems pretty fully featured. Huawei are the new Samsung really, aren't they? But cheaper! :-) G
Dec 2018
2:23pm, 13 Dec 2018
6,261 posts
  •  
lark-the-herald-angels-sing-im
The only downside I can see is that Strava(!) or FE integration is non existent. But this will be for one of my boys who a) needs a watch and b) runs parkruns so for £40 you can't really complain can you? Reviews seem broadly good so fingers crossed it ticks the right boxes when it arrives!
Dec 2018
10:39pm, 18 Dec 2018
1,221 posts
  •  
panad
Been looking at this myself...seen some v good reviews, don’t have a smartphone so the ones that connect to phone gps are no good, but this looks like it will do what i’d like - garmin 305 died 18mths ago and for current running/cycling can’t justify cost of replacing but this looks ok..
Sep 2021
7:33pm, 13 Sep 2021
12,579 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
You get what you pay for. I bet there will be no support, no bug fixes, inferior battery life, confusing UI etc.

I’d go for a second hand Garmin off eBay over this I think.

Still, maybe I’m wrong!
Sep 2021
7:36pm, 13 Sep 2021
15,383 posts
  •  
larkim
Holy old thread resurrection, Batman :-)

I did buy one in the end. It lasted about 18 months and we never did get anywhere with synching to Strava.

2nd hand Garmin all the way now if I needed a cheap gps running watch!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by larkim
Only £39.99 at John Lewis (so, reputable supplier if disenchanted) etc

https://www.johnlewis.com...