fancy scales which measure fat n that

4 watchers
Aug 2018
10:50am, 3 Aug 2018
38,786 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I once had a device that claimed to measure body fat. The fact that it gave wildly different "measurements" if I told it I was different ages/genders and depending on whether or not I pressed the "athlete" button suggests that it was using a simple algorithm rather than measuring anything.

The photo-charts of men and women at different levels of body fat are probably more accurate.
Aug 2018
11:15am, 3 Aug 2018
20,030 posts
  •  
Maclennane
earlier in the week I was 216lbs and 19.9% fat, today I'm 213lbs and 20.4%. I have not changed either gender or age significantly
ITG
Apr 2019
5:06pm, 6 Apr 2019
7,043 posts
  •  
ITG
I am thinking of getting a set but not sure if it will make my body image issues better or worse. I like the idea of measuring bone density as a woman *of a certain age* as I wonder about it falling. But can you stop that? Or just build up muscles roundabout to compensate.

Picture chart would prob be bad for me as I'd always think I'm fatter than the pics.

Have already failed Confucius test. But they are very old jeans...
ITG
Apr 2019
5:09pm, 6 Apr 2019
7,044 posts
  •  
ITG
Hmmmm couldn't resist a look at the photo charts. I could be anywhere between 20 and 30 depending on how I feel about myself at a given time.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Maclennane
I have got a set of scales (Nokia Body Cardio) which claim amazing things - they can tell you

- we...