Cemetery's ? Is it ok to jog through them ?

4 watchers
Aug 2019
9:14pm, 28 Aug 2019
271 posts
  •  
Queen of Cups
I went for a run past a war graves cemetery while I was on holiday. Although there was nobody else there once inside the cemetery I felt compelled to walk as it was a sad solemn place.
Aug 2019
9:16pm, 28 Aug 2019
4 posts
  •  
BrightStrider
My club does run through a graveyard occasionally; sometimes we even have a drink stop there. No one has raised an objection. It is quite a pleasant space, and locals go for a stroll there, or to walk the dog, possibly even for a short cut to the pub (the Cambridge Blue). The main paths are in good condition; others are a bit uneven.
fetcheveryone.com/clubs-view.php?id=2691
Aug 2019
9:20pm, 28 Aug 2019
35,602 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
My local churchyard has a steep sharp hill which is good for hill reps and our club has been known to use but only in the winter when it's dark so no chance of bumping into a funeral.
Aug 2019
10:44am, 30 Aug 2019
2 posts
  •  
ChubbyStepper
Thanks all for the advice.
Think I'll stay away for the moment. Deep down I feel it's probably not quite right. Certainly, the noise I'm making just jogging is enough for normal roads let alone a cemetery.
Aug 2019
10:50am, 30 Aug 2019
4,821 posts
  •  
minardi
My local cemetery is beautiful and I usually incorporate into a run. Half of it has been left to become a nature reserve, carefully managed, and I have been known to have deer accompanying me in the winter! I would walk if there was a funeral going on but I've not seen one in the 14 years I've been running.

I guess it depends on what sort of cemetery you have close to you.
Aug 2019
10:51am, 30 Aug 2019
30,261 posts
  •  
Old Croc
don't worry about any noise in the cemetery - you ain't going to upset the residents
Aug 2019
10:52am, 30 Aug 2019
4,822 posts
  •  
minardi
Sorry; I should also have said welcome to fetch! You've found the right place to help with your new soon-to-be-an obsession!
Aug 2019
10:53am, 30 Aug 2019
2,915 posts
  •  
Goofee
Both the Ridgeway and Thames Path National Trails pass through the middle of cemeterys

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by ChubbyStepper
Hi all,
Just done C25K Week 1 Run 1! Still sweating 2 hours later but it's a start!

I live...