Lent and other incentives
2:37pm, 14 Feb 2018
WobblingLent starts today and there is much talk of giving stuff up or doing things you’d not usually do. I thought a thread offering support might help, particularly in these early weeks when the end of March seems a lifetime away.
I’m giving up chocolate, as usual, although as a Catholic I don’t have to recognise Lent on Sunday’s, so I can have chocolate once a week.
I’m also going to commit to walking for at least 20 minutes every day.
9:51pm, 14 Feb 2018
Fizz :-)We’re giving up meat.
Except for this Sunday when my dad is providing roast lamb and it’ll be easier to eat it than explain and take an alternative dinner.
Posh macaroni cheese was today’s starter for ten.
About This Thread
Maintained by Wobbling-In-A-Winter-Wonderland
- God Botherers - 'Fess Up!
- Rabbi Lionel Blue RIP
- Cemetery's ? Is it ok to jog through them ?
- Heathen unbelievers - BBQ here
- Nothing's as simple as it seems! Post your '5 minute' jobs here
- The Retirement Thread
- Jobs you still haven't managed to (and probably won't ever) get round to despite lockdown
- Isolation boredom breaker
- Shred everyone - the Fetchland paperless office thread