Beachy Head Marathon 2013

5 watchers
Sep 2013
2:42pm, 30 Sep 2013
2 posts
  •  
Sal07
Thx for that. will use the trail shoes more often now for my runs leading upto the marathon, just in case!
Sep 2013
4:20pm, 30 Sep 2013
49,652 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
I always do this in road shoes.Cant run more than 10 miles in my trailies

It can be slippy on this one if wet
Sep 2013
5:00pm, 30 Sep 2013
7,342 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
The white chalky paths can be very slippery when it's wet. Do they still have the fella with the bag-pipes?
Oct 2013
3:02pm, 3 Oct 2013
1,180 posts
  •  
Silver Strider
Indeed they do Derby Tup, at the top of the Steps in Friston Forest.

Sal07 - almost none of it is on the road but if it's wet the wooded sections get chewed up and can be very muddy and the grassy hills of the 7 Sisters you finish on are very slippery if its raining.

Having said that the last few years conditions have been good and lots of people run in a road shoe, personally I prefer a light weight trail shoe with a bit more grip.
Oct 2013
10:44am, 9 Oct 2013
First-time poster!!
  •  
Fugee
I've read this thread with interest. Beachy Head will be my first event in the UK and I'm having trouble finding much information about it. I know where and when it starts, but that's about it. For example, I had no idea I could pick the chip up on Friday. Between what times? I suppose it's too much to expect an offical Twitter hashtag.

It's good to know that parking could be a bit of a problem. I've got a B&B booked the other side of town, so will probably want to drive and save my energy.

I've spent the morning looking at picturs of the Seven Sisters and am feeling pretty relaxed about it all and am hoping for a good selection of good-old British biscuits along the route.
.B.
Oct 2013
10:51am, 9 Oct 2013
6,869 posts
  •  
.B.
Fugee usualy all the detail about the chips and stuff comes in the final email. Not sure whether those have gone out, I'm marshalling not running. They do have a facebook page Beachy Head Marathon where I am sure you could ask any questions, there is also an official website if you google, you will also find an unofficial website robin-web.co.uk/beachyhead which has loads of info on the course, profile etc. It's a great race :-)
.B.
Oct 2013
10:51am, 9 Oct 2013
6,870 posts
  •  
.B.
PS welcome to Fetch :-)
Oct 2013
10:56am, 9 Oct 2013
3 posts
  •  
Fugee
Thanks B.
Oct 2013
12:34pm, 9 Oct 2013
395 posts
  •  
Roma
The final instructions email went out last week. Registration is from 16.00 to 21.00 on Friday. Not sure where I found them, but there are some youtube films of the course which I found very interesting (and slightly terrifying!). Looks like the Seven Sisters are the smaller hills, so I dread to think what the others are like. I'm from Norfolk, we don't have hills!!! Very much looking forward to it though :)
Oct 2013
12:50pm, 9 Oct 2013
49,698 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
Im going to post a link to my pics later, just to scare you Roma :)

About This Thread

Maintained by Roma
I need help!! I've just entered this through a transfer and need some info. Should I stay one night...