plodding hippo
hello Fugee

Great event to pick :)
Oct 2013
1:04pm, 9 Oct 2013
396 posts
  •  
Roma
Thanks Hipps, forewarned is forearmed (or legged) :)
Oct 2013
5:08pm, 9 Oct 2013
4 posts
  •  
Fugee
So I should have had an e-mail from them?

I've been living in the Netherlands for the last 20 odds years, so I've forgotten what hills look like, let along what they're like to run up (or down).
Oct 2013
5:18pm, 9 Oct 2013
1,192 posts
  •  
Silver Strider
Oh my :-(, you might puke when you see the start then!!

Fugee have you checked your spam/rubbish box?
Oct 2013
5:41pm, 9 Oct 2013
1,193 posts
  •  
Silver Strider
Here is a link to the FB page www.facebook.com/BeachyHeadMarathon?fref=ts
Oct 2013
6:52pm, 9 Oct 2013
2,477 posts
  •  
Tracey G
Fugee - only the nutters run up the hill at the start😜
Oct 2013
9:13pm, 9 Oct 2013
5 posts
  •  
Fugee
Thanks for the concern everybody. I've only just seen a link to a PDF file on the official website. It contains pretty much all the information I need, including a list of pubs along the route.

I couldn't find an e-mail anywhere. I remember I had difficultly registering. My bank didn't like the payment method and kicked me out before I completed it. The payment still went through and I also rung them at the time and they told me I was on the list of entrants (my name is also on the website that has the list of entrants). I may give them another ring just to be in the safe side.

I'm not spending the night in an English B&B without having a decent full English breakfast in the morning, so I'll probably puke at some point.
Oct 2013
9:42pm, 9 Oct 2013
1,196 posts
  •  
Silver Strider
Fugee - Your breakfast will set you up well for a day on the downs to remember, and if the weather is kind to us you will remember it for all the right reasons. I'm sure if you ping the guys an email they will send you the final instructions. If it is any consolation there are many people each year both local and otherwise that take on the course either as a first marathon or a first trail race. There are also many walkers that take part and it makes for a fantastic event. :-)
Oct 2013
7:01am, 10 Oct 2013
2,478 posts
  •  
Tracey G
Fugee - this will be my 8th Beachy and my hubby's 5th. The support for runners/walkers to each other is fantastic.
Oct 2013
11:08am, 11 Oct 2013
6 posts
  •  
Fugee
I'm sure the views will be so great, I'll be regreting ever wanting to leave the UK some twenty years ago.

About This Thread

Maintained by Roma
I need help!! I've just entered this through a transfer and need some info. Should I stay one night...