'spoons watch - Do you have J D Wetherspoon?

14 watchers
Jul 2017
6:31pm, 30 Jul 2017
29,039 posts
  •  
Night-owl
Must be good then
Jul 2017
10:11am, 31 Jul 2017
6,389 posts
  •  
Jambomo
We have a few in Edinburgh that I've been to along with The Thomas Leaper in Derby, which we go to fairly often when we are in that part of town.

I agree fully with Seratonin, its cheap and fairly reliable when you want some breakfast and not to have to put much effort into finding it. It's neither my favourite place but not somewhere to avoid either.

I do also like that they keep the character of the building and name them appropriately.
Jul 2017
10:26am, 31 Jul 2017
7,211 posts
  •  
GordonG
The Furze Wren in Bexleyheath is my go-to place for a cheap and cheerful pint and pint. I mean, a large mixed grill (always very edible) and a pint for about a fiver – what’s not to like? Service is mostly good, décor is perfectly acceptable. No coincidence that it’s always packed when most of the other pubs in the area are struggling.
Aug 2017
2:37pm, 1 Aug 2017
20 posts
  •  
№83912
Yesterday I was in Cardiff, in the Gatekeeper because it is just across the road from when one of my friends works. and they usually have a decent cider selection.

My favourite in Cardiff is the Prince of Wales, for an upstairs window seat, but it is closed for the next month for a refurbishment.
Aug 2017
2:46pm, 1 Aug 2017
36,606 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Looks like someone's been sick in your cider :-O
Aug 2017
2:50pm, 1 Aug 2017
21 posts
  •  
№83912
That is one of the side effects of the one for £4 or two for £5 pricing structure on their ice creams.
Aug 2017
2:56pm, 1 Aug 2017
1,156 posts
  •  
Weean
Does anyone not have a 'Spoons?

As a family man, I like them (they let the kids in, and give them colouring-in to do). As a cheapskate, I like them. As a real ale drinker generally willing to try something new, I like them.

The best 'Spoons will never be the best pub, but they're fairly reliable, and they're unlikely to ever be the worst option.

My nearest (Cabot Court Hotel) was in the national news lately, although you wouldn't know it from the coverage bbc.co.uk
Aug 2017
4:36pm, 1 Aug 2017
8,438 posts
  •  
Ness
Have stayed in that one. Hotel attached is ok. Pub. Mmmm.. Well it gets a bit busy in the evenings shall we say.;)
Aug 2017
11:55pm, 1 Aug 2017
13,948 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Mmm choc brownie sundae. You look a lot more like your picture than I expected, №83912.
Aug 2017
8:45am, 2 Aug 2017
6,390 posts
  •  
Jambomo
Actually Ness has reminded me that I stayed in a Weatherspoons hotel. It was the Kings Highway in Inverness when I ran the River Ness 10km. Really nice place actually, comfy, clean and good value but Mr Jambomo is convinced it is haunted.

About This Thread

Maintained by Kanajlo
As is my habbit I'm sitting in a 'spoons that I not vet visited, killing time before a rac...