Absolute Beginner Needs Assistance

5 watchers
Sep 2006
11:44pm, 27 Sep 2006
0 posts
  •  
Hello Lucy2 and snhow, welcome to Fetch.

You will find loads of advice on here to help you.

Look in the articles section - there may be stuff of interest for you in there:

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/articles.php

Of course, any specific advice can be handled through starting a thread. There is a wealth of running knowledge on here catering for runners at all levels of the sport.

Enjoy! :-)
Sep 2006
11:46pm, 27 Sep 2006
0 posts
  •  
danny wilde
Hi Lucy and a big welcome to the online world of runners and deviants.
Advice-wise I'd say do one of the run-walk programs. If it's any help I started with a 10 week program from RW that eventually led to being able to run for 30 minutes non-stop. It took me around 14 weeks to get this far as I got stuck on the 12 min run,2 min walk week !
The best advice I'd give from experience is try not to do too much,too soon.
If you start trying to run too far, too quickly you'll get injured and take away all the enjoyment from running.
You'll read about some pretty hard-core racing and training on here - bear in mind that everyone starts somewhere and ..er.. don't try and run before you can walk.

Only other advice I'd give is to think about changing your avatar - you look topless - the booby boys will have a field day :)
Sep 2006
11:49pm, 27 Sep 2006
0 posts
  •  
I think Lucy2's photo is perfect, nothing wrong with that DW:-)
Sep 2006
11:57pm, 27 Sep 2006
0 posts
  •  
danny wilde
Ian, I completely agree.
However as a gentleman (and International playboy extraordinaire) I felt it only proper form to point out the facts to the young lady in question ;)
Sep 2006
12:21am, 28 Sep 2006
0 posts
  •  
Good evening or early morning shall we say to you guys IanM and DW, I have looked at 10 week programme and thought that may be a good place to start so on your good advice that is what I shall do.

As for the pic, I can assure you that I am not topless, much to male disappointment I just had to crop it to fit on here. I am pleased you think I am a young lady DW ;-)
Sep 2006
12:22am, 28 Sep 2006
0 posts
  •  
By the way thanks to all the guys that have replied tonight, your advice has been taken on board. I will try to enjoy. May take my first jog in the morning if I can get up in time.
Sep 2006
12:37am, 28 Sep 2006
0 posts
  •  
B.B.
Coorrrrrrrrrr, Lucy's topless!

Come come come to the bosom thread...
Sep 2006
4:27am, 28 Sep 2006
0 posts
  •  
KinkyS
Behave BB, the poor girl will think we're a right bunch of weirdos!

Oh, hang on though... ;)

Welcome to Fetch Lucy, good luck with your morning jog if you get up in time :) I can't really add anything more to what the others have said, except don't forget that as well as being fitted for a good pair of running shoes, a good sports bra is essential for us lady runners (stop sniggering at the back there.) It can make all the difference to have one that is properly fitted and comfortable.
Sep 2006
7:05am, 28 Sep 2006
0 posts
  •  
Only just got up so no time, that's a bad start. Got to get ready for work etc., will have to get priortiies right and go running first and fetch second. Will have to try and get out later.

Havea good day guys!! :-)
Sep 2006
7:23am, 28 Sep 2006
0 posts
  •  
Have a good day Lucy :-)

Morning Katie:-) Weirdos? Us? nah... :-)

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone