Absolute Beginner Needs Assistance

1 lurker | 5 watchers
Sep 2006
7:44pm, 27 Sep 2006
0 posts
  •  
B.B.
Crikey - next thing we know JJ will come charging over the hill offering to be running partner. Don't listen to him, Lucy!!
Sep 2006
7:49pm, 27 Sep 2006
0 posts
  •  
Which hill might that be BB, I better be on the lookout.
Sep 2006
8:01pm, 27 Sep 2006
0 posts
  •  
Making_Tracks
Lucy2, have you thought about joining a running club? Took me ages to pluck up the courage to go and then I met a member of my local running club on Fetch and she promised I'd not get left behind however slow I ran. Its great to running with a group, especially now the evenings are getting longer.

MT
PS If JJ asks you to pose for a photo say "NO!"
Sep 2006
8:06pm, 27 Sep 2006
0 posts
  •  
MT, there is a running club in the town where i live but as I have only ever run the GEAR in May (never run before or after) and have no confidence in running, i thought i should try to get a little practice in first so i'm not the only one walking.

JJ must have a reputation as I am being warned away from him!! :-)
Sep 2006
8:16pm, 27 Sep 2006
0 posts
  •  
Lucy2 and snhow, welcome to the weird wired world of Fetch. Not quite Hotel California but somewhere you never leave :) Enjoy your running and enjoy Fetch.

TA
Sep 2006
8:29pm, 27 Sep 2006
0 posts
  •  
Toks
welcome to fetch, Lucy ans Snhow!!

you both going to love it here, i do!!

BB - speak for yourself ;-)
Sep 2006
8:32pm, 27 Sep 2006
0 posts
  •  
Thanks for good greeetings from you all. I have only been here a week and am already loving it. Can't wait to get home and online every night to see what all these wonderful people have been up to. How addictive can a website be??
Sep 2006
8:45pm, 27 Sep 2006
0 posts
  •  
libby
Good luck with the running! I started up properly about a year and a half ago after a few false starts, and I can honestly say it was one of the best moves I ever made. You'll be as hooked as the rest of us before you know it. My advice would be to set yourself a goal, i.e. a race (although you obviously know about that after the GEAR), or maybe a time goal to complete a distance in, keeps the motivation up. Let us all know how it's going...
Sep 2006
8:55pm, 27 Sep 2006
0 posts
  •  
thanks libby, if the inspiration i am receiving is anything to go by, i will be hooked in no time.
Sep 2006
11:37pm, 27 Sep 2006
0 posts
  •  
Toks
how addictive can a website be, lucy, just checkout the top posters, that is how addictive it can be, enjoy!!!

careful, it doesn't take over your life :-)

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone