Pssst! Follow us on Twitter if you're awesome

Inaugural parkruns (post them here!)

5 lurkers | 211 watchers

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.
9:16am
9:16am, 16 Jan 2018
17553 posts
Wriggling Snake
Yes, field edges, will be flat but very cramped, tight turns, I will work, but I think could be difficult if loads of people turn up, Swindon and yours are good parkruns, so perhaps will not be a problem. Ciren itself has 2 running clubs, so local support could be good, but as I said has taken at least 3 years to get going.

The people who own Ciren. Park (Lord Bathurst's family) used to kick up a stink about Ciren AC's 10k race (once a year!) mainly because it is a money making operation, Polo, all sorts of events, so they like to get their cash in.
9:17am
9:17am, 16 Jan 2018
17554 posts
Wriggling Snake
Maybe not muddy though!
11:11am
11:11am, 16 Jan 2018
4009 posts
WildeRover
Severn Bridge parkrun (Chepstow) is currently one of the charity pots you can vote for with your green token at Caldicot Waitrose.

I guess that would count as "funding still being sorted"
3:45pm
3:45pm, 16 Jan 2018
195 posts
multiterrainer
Meanwhile down in that there London town, Mountsfield (Catford) have got Aviva community funding to set up their parkrun. (source- New parkruns page on Facebook).
4:08pm
4:08pm, 16 Jan 2018
5331 posts
sallykate
That could be good new multiterrainer - we had 368 at Hilly Fields last week (a new attendance record by 60) which is a lot for the park to handle. I knew it was in the pipeline.
4:10pm
4:10pm, 16 Jan 2018
69 posts
BexleyKev
Great news about Mounsfield Park - small but bijou. Pleased we moved though - wouldn't want lots of people trying to park outside the flat on Saturday mornings. :-)
5:43pm
5:43pm, 16 Jan 2018
10 posts
running_dan_w
See this on Facebook about Cirencester:

Message from the new Cirencester parkrun.

As much as the team would love to welcome everybody, we are a very new team (some of our core team are completely new to parkrun) so the team is at its most inexperienced and working with a small number of volunteers.

Whilst the team are new, the venue is also new to the event. As Event support Ambassador I fear the multiple landowners may have second thoughts if too many parkrunners turn up on the 4th Feb

Cirencester’s inaugural will be low key, so coming along on the 10th Feb or any other Saturday in 2018 will be just as enjoyable. The Royal Agricultural University have lovely grounds and there is plenty to see and do in Cirencester.

As such, I would be grateful if parkrunners would consider visiting during the following weeks to help ensure a steady flow of parkrunners to which the local community and our volunteers can acclimatise. 🙂
5:49pm
5:49pm, 16 Jan 2018
1112 posts
TomahawkMike
Yes, imho that is fair enough. I will wait until it settles before I visit Cirencester.
6:26pm
6:26pm, 16 Jan 2018
21187 posts
LazyDaisy
I've shared that on my running club website. It seems a perfectly reasonable request.
6:27pm
6:27pm, 16 Jan 2018
21188 posts
LazyDaisy
(FB page, not website!)

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

UK inaugural parkruns.

Please note that the details below are just what is picked-up from the interweb. It cannot be guaranteed that the date of the start is actually correct until an official parkrun page is launched.

Please consider if attending an inaugural event is the right thing for you, the local team may ideally prefer a low-key start with small numbers.

13th January
Clifton
Link (roll over me to see where I go)
Heslington
Whinlatter

20th January
Bressay (Shetland)

27th January
Letchworth

3rd February
Cirencester

March
TBC St Neots

If an inaugural doesn't take your fancy then there are plenty of already established parkruns to go to in the UK and abroad: Link (roll over me to see where I go)

================
Confirmed future events with date TBC:

Lancing
Sixfields Upton (Northampton)

================
Longer-term, heard on the grapevine:

Abercrave,
Alfreton,
Alloa,
Alnwick,
Alver Valley (Gosport),
Amersham,
Bilston (East Park)
Bracklesham & Witterings,
Bromsgrove,
Brooklands/Weybridge
Chevin Forest (Otley, Leeds),
Cumbernauld,
Cumnock,
Dereham,
Dorchester,
Dorking,
Dover,
Etwall,
Felixstowe,
Fort William,
Great Denham (Bedford),
Haldon Forest Park Exeter,
Hatchlands Park NT, just outside
Guildford
Godalming
Harpurhey (Bogart Hole Clough Manchester),
Haverhill,
Hillingdon,
Hitchin (Walsworth Common),
Horden,
Kendal 2,
Loughborough,
Middleton Park Leeds Link (roll over me to see where I go)
Monmouth,
Mossley Mill (Newtownabbey),
Newborough Forest (Anglesey),
Northumberland
Newsham
New Earswick (yorkshire)
Oswestry
Paisley,
Peebles,
Potternewton Park, Leeds
Prospect (Reading 2),
Rochdale,
Royston,
Sandbach,
Scarborough,
Sixmile Park (Ballyclare),
Solihull (north),
Spalding,
Stafford,
Sunbury,
Swaffham,
Tehidy: Link (roll over me to see where I go)
Teignmouth,
Todmorden (Centre Vale Park),
Towcester,
Turriff,
Warwick,
Wheal Martyn China Clay Pits, Cornwall.
Whitby,
Whitehaven,
Whitstable (Reculver - Kent) Link (roll over me to see where I go)
Wimborne,
Witney (West Oxfordshire).
================
If you find anything amiss then go to post one of this thread and get in touch and I'll try and update as appropriate.