Trumpet thread - blow yours here (celebrating whatever achievement you wish!) :-)

36 watchers
Jul 2020
7:54am, 24 Jul 2020
6,512 posts
  •  
TeeBee
That's lovely Rae

And great work Groundhog bunting
Aug 2020
7:41pm, 4 Aug 2020
5,940 posts
  •  
Raemond
I'm feeling quite proud of myself after giving in to the urge to tidy and tart up the yard at my little flat in Brussels (I know, I don't go on about it at all). Pre-covid I would be there three nights a week every week, so for my birthday in Feb I asked for things to make it pretty and cosy.

Then, as I've been home in NL the whole time since early March, it's gone unloved because I didn't know when, if ever I'd be spending time here again.

Now it seems I'm likely to be here at least one night a week most weeks, so today I gave it a good sorting out.

The new bits are the decking tiles (I know I need more, but there's a limit to what you can get in the back of a golf cabrio), two plant pots, and a few of the plants, the rest is birthday loot that had been neglected until now.
Aug 2020
7:42pm, 4 Aug 2020
5,941 posts
  •  
Raemond
Dammit, I uploaded the same picture twice again.

Aug 2020
9:12am, 5 Aug 2020
1,062 posts
  •  
Groundhog
Nice Rae, and I like how your "before" shot is darker and grey and your "after" pics are all bright. Just like Homes Under the Hammer 😃
Aug 2020
9:17am, 5 Aug 2020
35,722 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Wow Raemonda, glorious.

After donating my old telescope to a local astronomy club, I bought my replacement Dobsonian 200P at last. Or, I thought I had. Actually, on chasing them by email they said they had no record of an order. So I checked my browser and yes, it was still in my basket, as somehow I had failed to check out. Now ordered and confirmed! It will be several weeks to months though, as Astronomy is one of the boom hobbies of lockdown, who knew?!

MrsS(rrr) did NOT buy me a trainset for my birthday. So I got myself another RC car! Build will probably begin this weekend! Existing RC cars have been cleaned and some maintenance done. I'm getting there!

We've got the kids rebooked to come at end of August. This is wonderful. Will be great to see them and the grandson.

And I'm hoping next week to get confirmation of an extension / renewal of my work contract. Would be nice to have employment into 2021, please! :-) G
Aug 2020
9:37am, 5 Aug 2020
350 posts
  •  
SusiesueH
That’s a lovely space to unwind in Rae!

Fingers crossed for work Happy
Aug 2020
9:57am, 5 Aug 2020
5,946 posts
  •  
Raemond
Yes, fingers crossed HappyG!

The lighting was entirely natural and just a feature of clouds I guess, honest! #nofilter
Aug 2020
1:41pm, 5 Aug 2020
35,725 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Thanks guys. I'm assured it's approved in principle. But I'm never comfortable until I see the contract and sign it!

I failed to run yesterday. But today I ran. Still very soggy ground but always great to get out. :-) G
Sep 2020
3:07pm, 30 Sep 2020
20,889 posts
  •  
Dvorak
I made soup. That, I hear you cry, surely belongs on the mundane thread? But this had a twist: it was apple and tomato, made with garden appleapple. And it was delicious :-)

(I might even call it "pomme e pomodoro".)
Sep 2020
4:21pm, 30 Sep 2020
19,789 posts
  •  
ChrisHB
Italian for apple is mela

About This Thread

Maintained by HappyG(rrr)
What milestones or achievements would you like to celebrate that doesn't have a thread somewhere else? Doesn't have to be running. Or even sport. 10 years of cat ownership whithout a poop on the kitchen floor? 2nd place rosette in the regional pro-amateur Morris dancing championships? Your achievement, your rules! Happy Thursday. :-) G