Trumpet thread - blow yours here (celebrating whatever achievement you wish!) :-)

36 watchers
Sep 2020
5:10pm, 30 Sep 2020
20,892 posts
  •  
Dvorak
(I know - well, i looked it up ;-) Mixing things up, like with the soup. Manzana hoy, manzana mañana. The sound my trumpet is making is jazz, daddio! )
Sep 2020
9:06pm, 30 Sep 2020
36,039 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Trompette Dvorak! And why not?!

I don't think I have ever made a soup from scratch?

Oh, I got my extension so got a job til March. MrsS(rrr) and I have also canoed at least once each week since getting canoe. Um, I came not last in my wee model car driving. I'm scraping barrel a bit now! :-) G
Sep 2020
9:13pm, 30 Sep 2020
20,893 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Happy extension :-) And well done on the canoeing.

Next: add soupmaking to your culinary repertoire, :-) G!

(It was the particular soup, and the result, rather than just making soup, which I do quite often.)
Sep 2020
9:15pm, 30 Sep 2020
37,222 posts
  •  
Nellers
I've definitely eaten a soup from scratch, but I've never made one. Supreme culinary jazz skills, Dvorak.

G, regular paddling and moving up the grid in car races: Both well worth a toot.
Oct 2020
2:16pm, 8 Oct 2020
895 posts
  •  
SusiesueHarp
Hi, I'm feeling a bit pleased with myself today. I watched the BBC Surgeons programme the other day and was horrified to spot that they hadn't blurred out patient details on blood bags in theatre. I wrote to them to point it out, thinking that they wouldn't even read my email never mind act on it and I was considering reporting it to the ICO. I had a reply to my email just now:

"Dear Ms SusiesueH,

Thank you for contacting us about Surgeons: At the Edge of Life and for raising this issue with us. The programme has now been edited to resolve this.

We are very grateful to you for taking the time to bring this to our attention.

Best regards,

BBC Enquiries Team"

Still think it's a really shoddy, schoolboy error. But I got them to change it :)
Oct 2020
2:41pm, 8 Oct 2020
4,412 posts
  •  
westmoors
Well done Susiesue.

I taught my first covid secure fitness class last night and all attendees said they would be back next week.
Oct 2020
2:56pm, 8 Oct 2020
36,084 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Great work Susiesue. Sometime we need to point out errors to those in power or control. Well done.

I wrote to First Minister in Scotland and my MSP today. Never done that before. Hopefully it was constructive, not just a whine.

Well doe west moors. I was very happy to get to my first gym class (Body Pump) for 7 months last night. It's wonderful to be back in classes. :-) G
Oct 2020
4:39pm, 8 Oct 2020
897 posts
  •  
SusiesueHarp
thanks both!

I'm impressed westmoors, I see people 1-2-1 and know the anxiety involved so I can't imagine it with a group of people :)

Oh well done Happy, I hope you get a considered response.
Oct 2020
11:06am, 13 Oct 2020
36,098 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I got a reply from my local MSP Susie. She thought it was a good idea but that licensing laws would be a problem. Not sure how that is any harder than any other law changes going on all the time during Covid. Anyway, they seem to have relented a bit as the rules have evolved to be cafe, restaurants and even pubs rebranding as cafe or restaurant, as long as no alcohol. Which is effectively what I asked for.

I managed to be not last at my car racing on Sun and had a nice double digit run in hills on Sat. Woop! And toot! :-) G
Oct 2020
11:12am, 13 Oct 2020
958 posts
  •  
SusiesueHarp
Yay! Woop and toot indeed 😃

About This Thread

Maintained by HappyG(rrr)
What milestones or achievements would you like to celebrate that doesn't have a thread somewhere else? Doesn't have to be running. Or even sport. 10 years of cat ownership whithout a poop on the kitchen floor? 2nd place rosette in the regional pro-amateur Morris dancing championships? Your achievement, your rules! Happy Thursday. :-) G