Trumpet thread - blow yours here (celebrating whatever achievement you wish!) :-)

36 watchers
Nov 2019
9:12am, 14 Nov 2019
33,203 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I couldn't find a "Achievement I wish to celebrate" thread - there are some time goals ones obv, and streaks of course, and there's probably a 100 marathon thread (never going to get that!) and there are the annual mileage ones etc.

But I'm coming up for a big running / Fetch milestone and I just wanted to say "Yay me!"

I've been on Fetch nearly 12 years and coming up in 108 miles, so about 3-4 weeks time, I will hit 20,000 miles logged here. I'll come back and tell you when it happens and post a pic n stuff! Then you can say how awesome I am! ;-)

What milestones or achievements would you like to celebrate that doesn't have a thread somewhere else? Doesn't have to be running. Or even sport. 10 years of cat ownership whithout a poop on the kitchen floor? 2nd place rosette in the regional pro-amateur Morris dancing championships? Your achievement, your rules! Happy Thursday. :-) G
Nov 2019
9:16am, 14 Nov 2019
4,817 posts
  •  
Sigh
Great idea HG! I've started watching the thread to be ready to congratulate you soon :-)
R4R
Nov 2019
9:16am, 14 Nov 2019
3,143 posts
  •  
R4R
spooky! How did you know about my pro-am Morris dancing rosette?
;-)
Nov 2019
9:23am, 14 Nov 2019
33,205 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Lol R4R - huge congratulations *flower* *hankies* *fertilitystick* medal

Thanks Sigh. And what about your own running, training totals and achievements?! Go on, blow that trumpet! :-) G
Nov 2019
9:28am, 14 Nov 2019
3,728 posts
  •  
Raemond
Excellent thread idea!

I can't quite think of anything trumpet worthy right now, but very happy to applaud other people.
Nov 2019
9:33am, 14 Nov 2019
35,222 posts
  •  
Nellers
I know it's small and it's not exactly a milestone but I'm on week 2 of Couch to 5K as my comeback from 18 months of not running with a dodgy achilles and I'm so happy to be running in any form again! Running is great and I've loved the other stuff I've done to keep fit while unable to run (check out the Indoor Rowing thread if you want details!) but running is something else again isn't it?
Nov 2019
9:46am, 14 Nov 2019
4,818 posts
  •  
Sigh
As it happens, HG: in response to the 'what would you like for Xmas?' question (other than world peace, of course ;-) ), I have been thinking as to whether I would like one of these, or not:

mynotch.co.uk

...which focuses the mind a bit onto "what achievements would you be happy to display on a piece of jewellery every day?"

So far, I've got: losing 22kg, being sober for 500 days & running 1,000 miles in a year*.

(*971 to date)

But with each of them, it's then got me thinking: at what point do I acknowledge what I've achieved, and at what point do I wait for further achievements, i.e. getting down to target weight (about 2kg to go), being sober for 2 years (229 days to go) or all-time total of 5,000 miles (653 miles to go).

Rae & Nellers make good points: individually we may feel that something isn't trumpet worthy, but others may disagree.
Nov 2019
9:53am, 14 Nov 2019
3,729 posts
  •  
Raemond
on the subject of achievements worth announcing:

Nov 2019
10:00am, 14 Nov 2019
4,821 posts
  •  
Sigh
Lol! *waits for reply from V-rap* :-)
Nov 2019
10:40am, 14 Nov 2019
1,277 posts
  •  
oumaumau
Oooh, I'm currently second in the Hardmoors triple ring, just awaiting the last race to confirm the overall standings.
If the current leader doesn't finish or finishes outside the top 100 (unlikely he's leaps and bounds ahead) then I'll win it... 😀

About This Thread

Maintained by HappyG(rrr)
What milestones or achievements would you like to celebrate that doesn't have a thread somewhere else? Doesn't have to be running. Or even sport. 10 years of cat ownership whithout a poop on the kitchen floor? 2nd place rosette in the regional pro-amateur Morris dancing championships? Your achievement, your rules! Happy Thursday. :-) G