Training plan segue to training log: your thoughts pls

2 watchers
Sep 2012
11:52am, 24 Sep 2012
3,545 posts
  •  
Iron_Mum
A question for Fetchie consideration: for those of you that use a training plan, is it a Good Thing or a Bad Thing that the entries automatically populate your training log on their due date? I find it quite irritating. Not just because I have to go in and delete them when I've not done the session (does happen ;-)) but even when I've done it exactly as per plan (does happen too) I effectively duplicate the entry with the Garmin upload. Even if I don't use a Garmin, eg on treadmill, I still have to go in and edit anyway, to add time etc, so it just seems it would be better all round if you had to manually verify a plan entry before it dropped through to log. When I had a plan live I occasionally looked at the log and got all excited by how well I was catching up on target only to realise there was a duplicate entry :-(

But if I'm the only one who feels this way I will restrain myself from making the suggestion to The Powers That Be.
Sep 2012
11:55am, 24 Sep 2012
12,979 posts
  •  
HellsBells
I agree im - but I do like to see which sessions i've missed and what I need to catch up on - what I would prefer would be for the plan to stay visible for a week instead of disappearing at the end of each week, but for the sesiions not to go into the log
Sep 2012
11:55am, 24 Sep 2012
702 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
I would agree with this Iron Mum - I found it a bit of a faff to delete them after doing the Garmin upload.
Sep 2012
8:58pm, 25 Sep 2012
3,549 posts
  •  
Iron_Mum
Right - any further thoughts on this before I submit to Lord F as the unanimous vote of all Fetchies?
Sep 2012
9:12pm, 25 Sep 2012
134 posts
  •  
twelveone
Training plan => training log vexes me. Should be an option to disable it. I might just write it all up in my Google calendar instead and delete from fetch. Or even better, fetch puts an export to iCal button up there so I don't have to! :)
Mar 2016
1:02pm, 22 Mar 2016
118 posts
  •  
Dowse
I've joined the party about 4 years too late on this one, but did you find a way to stop the plan from copying straight into the training log?
Mar 2016
8:57pm, 24 Mar 2016
5,245 posts
  •  
Iron_Mum
Nope - I just stopped planning ;-)
Jul 2020
7:49am, 7 Jul 2020
456 posts
  •  
Totriornottotri
Every 4 years someone posts on this thread - I will have around the site later to see if there's an answer.

Question: I have 2 entries planned each day. Once I have done the first session the second disappears. I had auto erase on so have now turned off. Would have thought it would erase at 2359 or on next upload as I could upload days later. Have I solved it or is it me or other?

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Iron_Mum
A question for Fetchie consideration: for those of you that use a training plan, is it a Good Thing ...