BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter
The Sub 3:15 Marathon Thread
11:06am, 5 Aug 2021
BazoaxeI have previously on 3 or 4 occassions run 2 marathons with 4 or 5 weeks gap and so this sounds similar albeit with no race to recover from and a few extra weeks.
I think the idea of completing taper and then repeating the last 8 weeks sounds like a good idea. From memory my 5 weeks between marathns was roughly:
Week 1 - very little running and if any towards end of the week
Week 2 - recovery running but medium mileage
Weeks 3 & 4 - higher but not peak mileage with MP or Tempo sessions
Week 5 - taper
About This Thread
Maintained by paul the builder
- Advanced Marathoning by P&D Any tried the schedules?
- P&D - 70-85mpw - 18 week plan support thread
- Hanson running programme (sadly nothing to do with mmm bop)
- Hal Higdon / Ben Wisbey marathon plans
- Pfitzinger for NON-Marathoners (Faster Road Racing)
- Hansons Marathon Method
- Furman Institute of Running and Scientific Training (F.I.R.S.T.) acolytes!
- 3 week 10k training plan
- Anyone used RWs Smart Coach?
- Exporting training plan to Google calendar