Stinky shoes - Obvious question

1 watcher
Oct 2013
1:43pm, 17 Oct 2013
3,945 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
Ran a very wet xc five-miler on Sunday. Since then my shoes have whiffed something awful. Gf most displeased.

Ran them under the tap and then dried them. Still whiff.

Soaked them in a bucket of water last night and then scrubbed them, still whiff.

Another water dose this morning, half a bottle of febreeze for good measure and now are currently drying but still whiff.

I have had this before and after some water they are fine. Have I met the cockroach version of a smell? Will this aroma still be around after a nuclear explosion? How on earth do I remove this odour. I beg you.
Oct 2013
1:45pm, 17 Oct 2013
69,800 posts
  •  
santababy
s'obvious innit, new shoes
Oct 2013
1:49pm, 17 Oct 2013
401 posts
  •  
beebop
Halo ProActive (grr) Sports Wash? Worked on my trail shoes after a boggy trail race with some unavoidable green and stinky bits... Tesco used to stock it, but didn't have any last time I was there. Also good for the technical wicking/whiffing style clothing. Online somewhere, no doubt! Good luck. :-)
Oct 2013
1:49pm, 17 Oct 2013
402 posts
  •  
beebop
^ Like that idea, too! ^
Oct 2013
1:51pm, 17 Oct 2013
2,800 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
You can get Halo sportswash from Wiggle - it's brilliant, if you get 2 bottles at the same time delivery is free. Sainsburys used to stock it but have stopped recently for some reason. It is brilliant stuff if you haven't yet discovered it.
Oct 2013
1:52pm, 17 Oct 2013
3,946 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
I can't do new shoes. Got these in June and they cost me a packet :-) They need to see me through to London.

Will look into the Halo thing, thanks.
Oct 2013
1:54pm, 17 Oct 2013
3,947 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
Are we talking about the laundry stuff, so I just throw them in the washing machine? Heard lots of massively contradictory stuff about shoes in the washing machine:

wiggle.co.uk
Oct 2013
1:55pm, 17 Oct 2013
465 posts
  •  
Mouseytongue
Another vote for HALO. Wash all my kit (including shoes when necessary), it really does remove the whiff *shock*. AFAIK only available on line. Lakeland also do a protective bag which allow you to clean shoes in the washing machine.

halononbio.co.uk

lakeland.co.uk
Oct 2013
1:57pm, 17 Oct 2013
405 posts
  •  
beebop
I just shoved them in the sink with some of the magic ingredient, sloshed them around, left them for a couple of hours, rinsed and hung up to dry. Worked!
Oct 2013
1:58pm, 17 Oct 2013
406 posts
  •  
beebop
Also, thanks for the stockist tip, Autumnleaves - another visit from the Wiggle fairy soon.

About This Thread

Maintained by HermanBloom
Ran a very wet xc five-miler on Sunday. Since then my shoes have whiffed something awful. Gf most di...