Scottish Fetch Mile 2018

25 watchers
Jul 2018
1:04am, 1 Jul 2018
52 posts
  •  
louloops
Absolutely fantastic day. Thanks for organising it all. Was lovely to finally put faces to the names at last
Jul 2018
8:48am, 1 Jul 2018
1,065 posts
  •  
ClaireT
Thanks for organising the mile yesterday. It was nice to meet everyone after all the years of using the site. And it also had me discovering this new track I didn't know about, in my home town...!
Jul 2018
8:57am, 1 Jul 2018
3,938 posts
  •  
57.5 Degrees of Pain
That was a fun day! Nice little parkrun with lots of chance to chat in their post run coffee venue, then a great social event with a bit of running and a lot of cake. In typically superb Bishopbriggs weather. What is not to like! Also nice to see such a great sports development in my old home town.

Will hope to put my pics on Facebook tomorrow.

Finally, thanks Fetch and Katie! Hope you are enjoying Glasgow.
Jul 2018
9:08am, 1 Jul 2018
7,266 posts
  •  
KatieB
Thank you so much to everyone who made the trip to Glasgow. So many of you came from a very long way and we appreciate it massively.

So glad I now know how to say Dvorak. Thank you for taking us for beer/gin and driving us home. So glad we didn’t have to throw ourselves out at a red light in the end.

Fetch’s new t shirt got him a cwtch from an inebriated young man yesterday evening. We had a lovely evening in the company of DQ and her husband, Charlie. Although I think we were rather spaced out. We do both believe in Nessie for sure now.

We re-lived the event last night by watching a slideshow of over 300 photos. That sky! That throwing! And the missed photo of eL Bees 🐝 bum. My only regret. ;-)
Jul 2018
9:11am, 1 Jul 2018
38,513 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
D'you want a photo of eL Bee!'s bum, Katie? moon ;)
Jul 2018
9:18am, 1 Jul 2018
30,145 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
Aw sounds like your evening was an enjoyable one. Glad you can take happy memories of Scotland back home again. X
Jul 2018
9:54am, 1 Jul 2018
7,267 posts
  •  
KatieB
No, V’rap, I want *that* photo, when suddenly his bum filled the entire view finder as he tried to see who dipped over the line first. It was funny. :-)
Jul 2018
2:16pm, 1 Jul 2018
19,547 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Results and pics will be up tomorrow or Tuesday (we are catching the train back tomorrow, enjoying a Sunday afternoon in Glasgow now)
Jul 2018
10:04pm, 1 Jul 2018
4,103 posts
  •  
DoricQuine
Hope you have a peaceful journey home :)
Jul 2018
10:12pm, 1 Jul 2018
25,304 posts
  •  
JulesR
Late thanks for a super day, even though I only managed the parkrun & cake bits. Great to meet so many new Fetchies (now added to my stickerbook of course).

Bring a wetsuit next time Katie & we'll splash:)

About This Thread

Maintained by MazH
Sat 30th June 2018
RUCHILL parkrun for those that can make it along

then post parkrun coffee/lunch somewhere.

Hunterhill sports Hub 2-4pm for the mile and any kids races etc.

Refreshments of some kind afterwards?

fetcheveryone.com/viewracedetails.php?id=2294691